bucks logo

mike2sana

It don't know about the legal status of stuff like this, in the uk, plently of teams rip off american sports franchises logos and continue to do so...

http://www.bstokebison.co.uk/home.php - reminiscent of the previous buffalo sabres logo perhaps?

http://www.mkthunder.com/index.html - Berlin Thunder NFL Europa...

There are more too, but i can't find them at the moment...

I don't know if there is an agreement or whatever (i doubt it cos the british elite league is hardly a powerhouse financially) but no one has challenged these logos and they've been around for several years now...

Slightly different point, but here Arsenal FC had t ochange their logo as the previous one wasn't copyrightable, leading to th e switch to a much more "modern" look, done primarily to stop a guy selling fake merchandise with authentic logos... maybe that should be mentioned on the ebay fakes pages...

Slightly different point, but here Arsenal FC had t ochange their logo as the previous one wasn't copyrightable, leading to th e switch to a much more "modern" look, done primarily to stop a guy selling fake merchandise with authentic logos... maybe that should be mentioned on the ebay fakes pages...

That was the official story. The club can not copyright the design, since they do not know precisely who designed it.

It is commonly understood that the club wanted to modernize the crest for the same reason that any other team wants to modernize its crest: $$$. Or in this case: £££. Fan groups have reported that a director admitted it to them "off the record", which is why they dropped their grassroots campaign to bring the classic crest back.

Arsenal still cannot copyright the old crest but they do have a trademark on it, which was enough to let them shut down the vendor selling bootlegs.

Archived