Marlins unveil 10th anniversary of '97 Championship patch

marlinfan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

97wsjf5.png

Why does this team continue to incorporate more orange than teal?

Perhaps its because the sea of orange that surrounds them in their home stadium is getting to their heads.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Yeah that's a pretty pathetic event to make a logo for, they better not where that on the uniforms. But my guess with the orange is just that it's a better compliment to all the black and grey than teal would be. Or maybe they just wish they were the Dolphins.

That patch would be perfect for the Dolphins. But the Dolphins don't win championships. :D

1997 | 2003

Yeah that's a pretty pathetic event to make a logo for, they better not where that on the uniforms. But my guess with the orange is just that it's a better compliment to all the black and grey than teal would be. Or maybe they just wish they were the Dolphins.

That patch would be perfect for the Dolphins. But the Dolphins don't win championships. :D

I have three words for you: Nineteen. Seventy. Two.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I have three words for you: Nineteen. Seventy. Two.

I have three words for you too: Thirty-four years ago.

So the patch will be next year.

I still think its pretty funny that a relatively brand new franchise (i.e. less than 20 years) has won more championships than the Red Sox and Cubs combined in the last 70 or more years.

I would hang myelf if I was a Cubs fan.

BTW, when is the Cubs' "Steve Bartman 10th-Man Anniversary" patch due? 2008?

I think it's funny when people pick an arbitrary time frame to suit their argument (i.e. more World Series titles in 70 years).

How about this? The Red Sox have 3 times as many World Series wins than the Marlins in the past 103 years.

Please, it's Christmas time. Santa needs them.

I agree a 10-year patch seems strange. I like the year-after patches, and franchise anniversaries are fine (although the 10-year the Marlins used for that seemed a little soon, too). I prefer 25, 50, 75 100. These 40s and 10s and such will eventually get out of hand to the point that every year will be an anniversary of something, and every year's jersey will be unique. But then, maybe that's what they want.

I think it's funny when people pick an arbitrary time frame to suit their argument (i.e. more World Series titles in 70 years).

How about this? The Red Sox have 3 times as many World Series wins than the Marlins in the past 103 years.

C'mon man, SEVENTY YEARS....should I have said EIGHTY? I think you get the point I'm making. You would think after 7 or more decades a franchise would figure out how to finally get it right. The Red Sox FINALLY figured it right, the Cubs are on the clock.

I just think its pretty sad that a franchise like Florida won two WS titles in such short proximity with such extreme circumstances inbetween (i.e. the fire sale after the '97 title and the garbage years in between with almost no fan support)

Please, it's Christmas time. Santa needs them.

hahahahaha!

stupid typo...funny response!

:D

while i think its a stupid idea to make a logo commemorating a championship from 10 years ago, I suppose its ok so long as they don't wear this on their uniforms.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I still think its pretty funny that a relatively brand new franchise (i.e. less than 20 years) has won more championships than the Red Sox and Cubs combined in the last 70 or more years.

I'm more interested in the Cubs' 100-year anniversary patch of their last WS title in 2008.....

I'm more interested in the Cubs' 100-year anniversary patch of their last WS title in 2008.....

Black stripe on the sleeve for all of the Cubs fans that died due to the teams letdowns.

LOL!

What did I start?

^_^

while i think its a stupid idea to make a logo commemorating a championship from 10 years ago, I suppose its ok so long as they don't wear this on their uniforms.

WARNING: NON POLITICALLY CORRECT STATEMENT ALERT!!!!!

Maybe it is geared towards nine-year olds and illegal immigrants.

Archived