Toronto Maple Leafs Concept

DRutka

Well this is getting ugly, so I'll just say that if you didn't want people to voice their opinions of it, you shouldn't have posted it. Just because it's for fantasy doesn't mean we should like it. It's well done, for sure, but I don't like it, and neither does Icecap.

Your right about the ugliness, sorry for that. But it just seems Leaf fans just rip things involving their team if it's not the exact thing that they currently use. It just gets aggravating after awhile. I'm not against constructive criticism or suggestions. But to rip someone just to rip them is wrong.

Typical Sabres fan to say "let's go Sabres" in a thread about Leafs jerseys, that he started, no less.

I never typed "SABRES", I typed "BUFFALO". I'm a Buffalo fan all around, Sabres, Bills, Bisons, Bandits, and UB Bulls.

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

Typical Sabres fan to say "let's go Sabres" in a thread about Leafs jerseys, that he started, no less.

I never typed "SABRES", I typed "BUFFALO". I'm a Buffalo fan all around, Sabres, Bills, Bisons, Bandits, and UB Bulls.

Same difference ^_^

Oh, and adding the TML logo to the Argos shield is cheesy.

Sure, this was taken from the Argos jersey, but in no way does a circle represent a shield.

Cheesy? Almost all of the concepts for current teams that are made are made by using existing team logos or parts of existing logos from that team or other teams.

Cheesy? This coming from a person who's link to thier Sabres concept in thier signature is just a recolored

90's uniform with a recolored 90's alternate logo. If anything is cheesy, that is.

Um, yeah, the Argos logo you lifted was drawn to represent a shield. Therefore, it's a shield here as well.

If you must know, I hate it when anyone posts a concept using an existing logo from an other team.

If you want to discuss the merits of my Sabres concept, find the old thread where I first posted it and reply there. Quite frankly I don't feel the need to defend my work to you in this thread. This is all about your work, not mine. Also, the only reason it's linked in my sig is because I came in second in a contest using that concept. Many people link First, Second, or Third place concepts in their sigs.

If the current Sabres uniforms are what happens when you try to give a uniform a "modern feel" then I'll stick with plain, boring Toronto, thank you. In the end we'll look like a pro hockey team, not rejects from Rollerball.

Hell, at least the Sabres designers took some initiative here. Yes, our current logo is pretty crappy, but the uniforms are top notch and first class. I can't wait until the all star game when everyone will be complaining about thier uniforms.

Rejects from rollerball? Come on Icecap, you could do better than that!! At least the Sabres uniforms feel like they are playing in the current decade they actually play in.

No, the jerseys are just as bad as the logo. Numbers on the front doesn't work for hockey. The lack of stripes at the waits make the front look empty, and especially bad on fans with beer guts. Also, the confusing striping isn't even visible the way the sleeves are designed, unless the player is holding his arms up.

Since when does "modern" equal ugly? The Ducks look modern. The Hurricanes look modern. The Senators look modern. The Sabres look ugly.

Also, when did having a traditional design become a bad thing?

Oh, as for Leafs fans complaining about changes to their colour scheme, I believe it was Sabres fans who complained for ten years about brining back their old colours.

Again, this is just for a freakin video game!!!

I'm not looking to get into a pissing contest here, but come on, it's supposed to be all for fun, isn't it?

As far as the colors go, I like when teams in one city base thier colors off each other (Pittsburgh comes to mind)

I guess you have to take a shot at the Sabres just because I put Let's go Buffalo in a thread. Typical Leaf fan.

Get this through your head: EVERY CONCEPT POSTED IS A FANTASY. Yours is no different. If you didn't want negative comments you shouldn't have posted it. Despite what your mom tells you, you're not special.

Where did I take a shot at the Sabres, other then their uniforms? Did I post "Go Leafs Go!"?

Did I post "The Sabres suck!"?

Bingo.

Well this is getting ugly, so I'll just say that if you didn't want people to voice their opinions of it, you shouldn't have posted it. Just because it's for fantasy doesn't mean we should like it. It's well done, for sure, but I don't like it, and neither does Icecap.

Your right about the ugliness, sorry for that. But it just seems Leaf fans just rip things involving their team if it's not the exact thing that they currently use. It just gets aggravating after awhile. I'm not against constructive criticism or suggestions. But to rip someone just to rip them is wrong.

I didn't rip on your concept just to be a prick.

You posted a concept, like any other person would, and I commented on it, like I would any other concept. In this case, I didn't like what I saw. I'm sorry, but that's they way it goes sometimes.

If I had decided to rip on you just to rip on you I would have said "This concepts sucks" and left it at that.

Instead, if you go back and read my first post, I complemented you on your execution, listed what I didn't like, and mentioned that it had potential to be really good.

Despite what your mom tells you, you're not special.

Leave it to you to start making this personal.

Grow up!

Instead, if you go back and read my first post, I complemented you on your execution, listed what I didn't like, and mentioned that it had potential to be really good.

Just the same, my initial remarks were not directed towards you. They were directed to a few PMs I had recieved, should have made that clear.

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

Despite what your mom tells you, you're not special.

Leave it to you to start making this personal.

Grow up!

You made it personal when you started a "Lets go Buffalo!" chant in a thread about a Leafs concept, a concept you posted no less.

Besides, I felt it was necessary to post that. You don't seem to realize that your concept is subject to the same c&c as everyone else's, regardless if you just designed it for a video game.

You made it personal when you started a "Lets go Buffalo!" chant in a thread about a Leafs concept, a concept you posted no less.

Besides, I felt it was necessary to post that. You don't seem to realize that your concept is subject to the same c&c as everyone else's, regardless if you just designed it for a video game.

How is that making it personal???

I'll take a line from you... I didn?t put Leafs suck or anything like that in my post.

AND that still would not be taking a personal shot at you!!!!

I guess my signature would be a personal attack on Miami Dolphin fans to if this was a Dolphins concept!?

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

How is that making it personal???

I'll take a line from you... I didn?t put Leafs suck or anything like that in my post.

I guess my signature would be a personal attack on Miami Dolphin fans to if this was a Dolphins concept!?

You spend half a post attacking Leafs fans for being petty about their team's uniforms, then finish it off with "Lets Go Buffalo!"

Unless you spend your normal day randomly yelling "Lets Go Buffalo!" it was clearly meant to be provocative.

Stop ****ing bickering, you guys are just being dicks. Take the concept for what it is. DRutka has his own opinion, which obviously differs from Icecap's.

Can no one have a different opinion on anything anymore and not be respected or not look at both sides?

Stop ****ing bickering, you guys are just being dicks. Take the concept for what it is. DRutka has his own opinion, which obviously differs from Icecap's.

Can no one have a different opinion on anything anymore and not be respected or not look at both sides?

True and well said... Truce Icecap!?

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

True and well said... Truce Icecap!?

Truce B)

Still better than what you can do :D

You untraditional bastard you..all in fun don't take it prsonally :D

I'll file that one right up there with "the Earth is flat," George W.'s Mission Accomplished and Hurricane Katrina was just a "light sprinkle." ;)

Archived