Falcons' Coach Mora Would Rather Be a Huskie

BlueSky

Wade Phillips was coach for like 2 months. In fact, the game after Michael Vick made his glorious return after the leg injury, Reeves was fire. Suprised the hell out of me.

But yeah, skyaa is right. As succsessful as he's been...he's just been doing stupid things, and has some inept coordinators (cept for DeCamillis), and is more of a glorified cheerleader than a HC, and he coddles Vick. That being said, he can do all of that, as long as we win. If we win, and continues to win in the future, then he can stay unless he does something that's REALLY boneheaded that makes this look like it was a little tiff.

But I will say this: If Vick can improvise and scare the already somewhat-scared Cowboys like Bush did last week (same for Norwood if he plays) and the defense can harrass Tony Romo and somehow play good pass D, then we have a real good chance at winning. But, like every game I've seen the Falcons play, I never get my hopes up too high.

But yeah, skyaa is right. As succsessful as he's been...he's just been doing stupid things, and has some inept coordinators (cept for DeCamillis), and is more of a glorified cheerleader than a HC, and he coddles Vick. That being said, he can do all of that, as long as we win. If we win, and continues to win in the future, then he can stay unless he does something that's REALLY boneheaded that makes this look like it was a little tiff.

Does he have really any other choice but to coddle Vick? I think Vick making 100 million dollars has more power in that organization than Mora does. There really isn't anything he can do about Vick he can't bench him. What do you want him to do call Vick out in the media? Remember calling out the franchise QB is what got his father fired from Indy.

I think Mora was at first joking in the interview but became more serious as he thought about it. Let's face it if you had to coach the Falcons you would probably be fantasizing about another coaching job too. The team is a mess they have ton of money invested in a QB who throws balls into the ground and when he actually does hit the receivers they drop the ball. Vick has been so bad as a QB that there was actual talk this week of lining him up as a RB. That talk doesn't happen if Vick is playing well. Now whether the mess is Mora's fault is debatable (I don't know how much power he has when it comes to signing players). However it's given the circumstances in Atlanta it is understandable the Mora is thinking about going to a job where he can still make a good salary and not have to do as much work or be as good and still be successful. I think other coaches have shown the coaching in College Football is far easier than the pro's.

Wade Phillips was coach for like 2 months. In fact, the game after Michael Vick made his glorious return after the leg injury, Reeves was fire. Suprised the hell out of me.

But I will say this: If Vick can improvise and scare the already somewhat-scared Cowboys like Bush did last week (same for Norwood if he plays) and the defense can harrass Tony Romo and somehow play good pass D, then we have a real good chance at winning. But, like every game I've seen the Falcons play, I never get my hopes up too high.

His tenure ended in effect a few games ago when he fell to his knees after the wide-open whoever-it-was dropped that pass at the Saints' 5. I wish I could find a pic of that because if there was ever an iconic moment for a coaching regime, that was it. What an awful sight for any player, coach, or fan of a team to see. I can't find a pic anywhere but just imagine Mora in this pose and you've got it:

2240.jpg

At least Mora wasn't bleeding. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

His tenure ended in effect a few games ago when he fell to his knees after the wide-open whoever-it-was dropped that pass at the Saints' 5. I wish I could find a pic of that because if there was ever an iconic moment for a coaching regime, that was it. What an awful sight for any player, coach, or fan of a team to see. I can't find a pic anywhere but just imagine Mora in this pose and you've got it:

2240.jpg

At least Mora wasn't bleeding. :P

That was crazy. If we lose and don't make the playoffs, then that game will be forever remembered as "The Drop" around here. I can not believe that, as bad as they were dropping the ball in recent games, that took the cake. It makes me wonder if Vick did something to them, because no professional should drop like that.

With that being said, yeah. The whole damn GA Dome was in an uproar after that, and Mora dropping to his knees like that was pretty much the entire fragile Falcon fanbase's feeling in a nutshell: What do we gotta do?!

But, I'm sticking with the Blank ultimatum: Win, you stay. Lose, get the hell out.

Does he have really any other choice but to coddle Vick? I think Vick making 100 million dollars has more power in that organization than Mora does. There really isn't anything he can do about Vick he can't bench him. What do you want him to do call Vick out in the media? Remember calling out the franchise QB is what got his father fired from Indy.

I think Mora was at first joking in the interview but became more serious as he thought about it. Let's face it if you had to coach the Falcons you would probably be fantasizing about another coaching job too. The team is a mess they have ton of money invested in a QB who throws balls into the ground and when he actually does hit the receivers they drop the ball. Vick has been so bad as a QB that there was actual talk this week of lining him up as a RB. That talk doesn't happen if Vick is playing well. Now whether the mess is Mora's fault is debatable (I don't know how much power he has when it comes to signing players). However it's given the circumstances in Atlanta it is understandable the Mora is thinking about going to a job where he can still make a good salary and not have to do as much work or be as good and still be successful. I think other coaches have shown the coaching in College Football is far easier than the pro's.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Let a local set you straight.

Vick's overall play this season has been the best of his pro career. He's been making the right decisions far more often than the wrong decisions. He's thrown the ball away when he's needed to. He's taken sacks when losing 5 yards is better than throwing a wounded-duck that's likely to be intercepted. He's also making the incredible runs and sliding instead of trying to pick up an extra two yards and risk fumbling the ball. He still makes a couple instinctive mistakes, but overall is playing the best football in his NFL career.

Vick's receivers have given him little help. Crumpler's dropped at least 3 sure TD's, and the WR's have dropped easy passes on balls Vick couldn't throw any better.

The only reason Vick was mentioned as a possible RB is because both Dunn and Norwood got injured last week, and the Falcons finished the game with their starting FB as their top running back. Both Dunn and Norwood practiced this week, so Vick lining up at RB tonight will only be because of trickeration, not because of his QB (in)ability.

FALCONS TO DEBUT NEW ALTERNATE UNIFORMS VS COWBOYS

Effort to motivate coach inspires change

343114.jpg

:D

Those are quite an improvement over what they wear now. Even with the W on the helmet they would still look better. :D

I don't blame Mora Jr. for wanting to coach at his alma mater but he certainly could have found a better way of letting UW know he'd be interested should the opportunity present itself. At least now if The Falcons don't make the playoffs they can fire him without worrying too much about the PR or the fallout. If you think about it he kind of did them a favor.

BB52Big.jpg

Jim Mora Jr. needs a fresh start elsewhere. And the same applies to Vick. Vick is too valuable to have on the team considering the supporting cast. He should be traded and use the money and draft picks gained to rebuild.

I think hooking up Vick with Randy Moss would do the trick.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Sorry to continue the "local boy" dogpile, but if it were any other coach, Shaub would be in by now.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I didn't realize Phillips took over mid-season, I thought he had a couple of seasons in Atlanta.

But it is just time to move on for everyone, but with the contract Vick has it will be hard to do so without heading to "salary cap hell" for a few seasons

OK, I'm eating my words. They didn't get blown out.

But...the receivers caught the ball. The fans were loud. Vick didn't make any stupid turnovers. Dunn returned from his injury.

And it still wasn't enough. This team is a puzzle to me.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Vick needs to save his career? Have I been asleep in the last few years and just completely missed Michael Vick sucking?

In the NFL, the best guy plays. Quarterback changes happen all the time. We've seen 6 this year (Brunell/Campbell, Bledsoe/Romo, Plummer/Cutler, Collins/Young, Warner/Leinart, Culpepper/Harrington) that weren't (really) the result of an injury (though Leftwich/Garrad was inevitable, injury or not). Point blank, it's not like teams are shy about pulling the trigger. Even in the situations where other QBs are under the gun like Rex Grossman, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Brad Johnson, and David Carr, it's not like their backups are anything other than low-ceiling, 1 or 2 game stopgap, journeymen quarterbacks who probably wouldn't start anywhere else in the league either. Schaub is probably better than Brian Griese, Charlie Batch, Jared Lorenzen, Brooks Bollinger, and Bradlee Van Pelt, or at the least more highly regarded, but he's not an upgrade over Michael Vick and therefore should keep the clipboard in his hand and the backward baseball cap on his head.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

But...the receivers caught the ball. The fans were loud. Vick didn't make any stupid turnovers. Dunn returned from his injury.

... ummmm.... you forgot to mention the defense.... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Exactly, overall, that was one of the best games we played, and yet we still lost.

At least my new favorite teams (Steelers, Jets, & Giants) seem poised to take care of business for us. Still, scoreboard watching sucks.

Ugh, best game we've played and we lose. Hats off to Tony Romo, and diss to T.O. What grown man do you know spits in another grown man's face? :mad:

Archived