New Oregon Helmets!?!?!

TenaciousG

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UO football update: Ducks don new helmets

Updated: 9:01 PM, Thursday, December 14, 2006

Oregon’s new helmets have arrived, and about half of the Ducks wore their new headgear during Thursday’s practice in the Moshofsky Center.

"Theyre pretty cool,” UO receiver James Finley said. “TheyҒre different and I think that’s what the modern-day era is about, different.”

Many of the other Ducks weren’t quite sure how to describe the coloration of the new helmet. It’s between a bright yellow and a green, depending on the lighting and the perspective of the viewer. There are also silver flames on the helmet, but those are difficult to see except at a very close range.

ItӒs lightning something, linebacker Brent Haberly said of the color of the helments.

The plan is for the Ducks to wear the new helmets in the Las Vegas Bowl next Thursday, but only half of the helmets have arrived.

The new helmet will be shown in Friday’s print edition of The Register-Guard, with photographs also available at this site.

From the Eugene Register-Guard (the picture is from the paper as well)

Also funny is the fact the the UO message board on scout that normally approves of the Ducks' unis is in total meltdown over this.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Even though their uniform elements are completely ridiculous (baby-vomit green with silver flames? Okay...), I enjoy that OU is willing to take so much of a chance every year.

They'ved long ago severed any ties to traditionalism, so if they wanto roll out crazy uniform embellishments every season, I say go for it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yes! Finally we can see the yellow/bright green helmets with the black jerseys and the yellow pants. You all know it's coming.

Oh no. My money's on highlighter yellow, top to bottom.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I would piss myself if my beloved UConn Huskies ever dared to do something like this. That being said...I actually admire what Oregon is doing. It is very Progressive and despite the fact that most people on this board totally abhor the new unis, you cannot deny that it is pretty entertaining at the very least.

My question is are they going to put the 'O' on the sides? I would suggest putting a single 'O' right above the facemask on the FRONT of the helmet. THAT would be pretty interesting.

edit: I meant a large 'O' above the already existing little 'O'.

Yes! Finally we can see the yellow/bright green helmets with the black jerseys and the yellow pants. You all know it's coming.

Either way when the Ducks hit the field with these helmets they officially become the worst dressed team in football history.

Even though their uniform elements are completely ridiculous (baby-vomit green with silver flames? Okay...), I enjoy that OU is willing to take so much of a chance every year.

They'ved long ago severed any ties to traditionalism, so if they wanto roll out crazy uniform embellishments every season, I say go for it.

I couldn't agree more.

Either way when the Ducks hit the field with these helmets they officially become the worst dressed team in football history.
You mean they're not already?

Who else is in the running?

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

the oregon ducks are cool. lol. i love that they're so retarded.

Thing is, I think they may have topped themselves one to many times. I can't see them doing any worse next season.

You mean they're not already?

Who else is in the running?

Oregon currently holds the title, no question. But when these hit the filed, they will become the Undisputed Champions of bad football uniforms. Essentially they've guaranteed that making an uglier football uniform is impossible.

It reminds me of the gas tank of a high-end chopper.

The real question for me is what the hell are they going to wear with it?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

My question is this... diamond-plated uniforms, ghost flamed helmets... what does this have to do with the school's nickname of DUCKS?! I could see this on Jeff Gordon's uniform with Gladiator Garageworks on his uniform, but the Oregon Ducks? I would have no problem with these flames on Arizona State, it would work Sun Devils, but the Ducks? It's like seeing spinners on a beat up old pinto. You just look and ask yourself, "Do you have any common sense?" I guess not, it's Oregon who has got some sort of little man complex with the rest of the Pac 10 and college football. I think they think if they could be as stupid and rediculous as possible that the rest of the nation will finally pay attention to them.

It looks like a tennis ball with a facemask.....

...then BYU should show up to the Las Vegas Bowl with a ten-foot long tennis racket...

I wonder if those flame outlines will even be visible on TV... They don't really stand out in that picture.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived