Patriots Silver

JStamper

The Patriots need to do something about their alternate jersey. Ideally, they should go with a red alternate instead of silver.

If they want to stick with silver, perhaps they should try wearing white pants. It may make the Silver stand out a bit. Right now, every time they wear them with their blue pants, they just look like they are wearing their normal road uniform, but the white jersey is a little dirty.

Personally, I'd make the silver a little darker to make it noticeable and ditch the white completely. Then if you wanted a red alternate, go for it. I would love it if all silver-helmeted teams went with silver away jerseys.

The Patriots need to do something about their alternate jersey. Ideally, they should go with a red alternate instead of silver.

If they want to stick with silver, perhaps they should try wearing white pants. It may make the Silver stand out a bit. Right now, every time they wear them with their blue pants, they just look like they are wearing their normal road uniform, but the white jersey is a little dirty.

I agree wholeheartedly on all of the above.... turned on the game today, and my first thought was why are they wearing their road jerseys at home?

I'd like to see the throwback unis instead of the alts... everyone in boston loves the old logo and unis... there's a significant portion of the patriots.com store dedicated to throwback merch.... right now the alts are lame and a waste... doing the throwbacks would actually be something to get excited about...

MAME11312172100.jpg

Eh. I like em.

I like them too. I just wish they would wear them with the silver pants (i wonder if they match?). The blue side panel would blend nicely with the blue stripe on the silver pants. The silver with the blue pants looks way too much like their road uniforms.

All silver would be the way to go.

I reckon that Red jerseys with Silver shoulders would look a little tacky to be honest, and a white shoulder stripe would be better. Obviously this with Silver helemt is a bit of an issue, so I propose the Pats do what Buffalo Sabres are doing this year, and wear the red throwbacks as an alternate uniform as the two previous posters have stated...I really like the homes, and as Superbowl winning uniforms (although the whites wer worn out of tthe 3 tiesm so far) they won't get replavced any time soon...

...I really like the homes, and as Superbowl winning uniforms (although the whites wer worn out of tthe 3 tiesm so far) they won't get replavced any time soon...

I gather that you're saying that they wore white in the 3 super bowls they won? they wore blue against the rams, blue against the panthers, and white against the eagles....

Bottom line -- the silver alts are almost indistinguishable from the white jerseys. You have to stare at them in a still photo to notice the difference. Ditch the silver and go with a red alt as shown above or a full throwback set. The silver is horrendous.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I was at the game, and let me say, it may be the first game I've ever been to where the unis matched the cloudy weather conditions. Weird.

Interestingly, there was one member of the Patriots decked out in red...

1166382001_6465.jpg

sign of things to come? :upside:

I was at the game, and let me say, it may be the first game I've ever been to where the unis matched the cloudy weather conditions. Weird.

Interestingly, there was one member of the Patriots decked out in red...

1166382001_6465.jpg

sign of things to come? :upside:

the mascot looks like Joe from Family Guy.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If the Pats are going to wear that ridiculous silver alt (which they shouldn't) then why don't they wear it early in the season when it's hot and they can force the other team to wear a darker jersey? Wearing a silver alt a few days before Christmas makes little sense.

They need a red alt!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Aren't they affraid of wearing the red due to the whole "Red Coat" thing being opposite of what a Patriot is?

Anyway, silver jersey's don't work unless you are going for a "looking dirty" thing.

That "Redcoat" excuse is such a cop-out. The team wore red for 34 fricking seasons, and though I'm sure they were called lots of names during those years, I highly doubt they were ever referred to as Tory sympathizers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Aren't they affraid of wearing the red due to the whole "Red Coat" thing being opposite of what a Patriot is?

Exactly! This alone is reason enough to forget about a red Pats alternate.

Anyway, silver jersey's don't work unless you are going for a "looking dirty" thing.

That "Redcoat" excuse is such a cop-out. The team wore red for 34 fricking seasons, and though I'm sure they were called lots of names during those years, I highly doubt they were ever referred to as Tory sympathizers.

So? That just means it was a 34 season mistake.

If a team's nickname references the American side of the American Revolutionary War, they should not wear red as a primary colour. As a trim, absolutely. But never as a primary colour.

It would be like a team named the Confederates emphasizing blue over grey.

Archived