semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

That is a replica. The original is a 150 years olds. It is currently touring Australian museums. In it is an unknown cricket item. Some believe it is the ashes of a ball, bat, stump or bail. No one knows.

For mingsy, Cricket is a sport, played for 6hours a day for 5 days (or less if their is a result). The aim is to bowl the opposition out twice without them bettering your score. Australia are the best in the world in both Test and One day cricket. It is my second favourite sport behind Aussie Rules (which was invented by Cricketers)

if ya want to know more, take a look at Fox Sports Beginners Guide to Cricket

http://media.foxsports.com.au/multimedia/2006/12/bgc/

It is quite funny actually.

heh, saintsfan was always interesting. that said, alpha, you seem strangely sedate for the occassion...how you really feel? ;):D

Yeh i've hada few VB's. Got a few more to go. Bloody great day for Australia. It's a shame the Boxing Day Test will be a pointless. And the Sydney Test after that.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

For mingsy, Cricket is a sport, played for 6hours a day for 5 days (or less if their is a result). The aim is to bowl the opposition out twice without them bettering your score. Australia are the best in the world in both Test and One day cricket. It is my second favourite sport behind Aussie Rules (which was invented by Cricketers)

I have a friend from Jamaica who has tried, numerous times, to explain cricket to my roommate and me...and it still doesn't make any sense. Something about innings, overs, batsmen, bails, bowlers, and by the time he says something about a wicket-keeper, my head has nearly exploded. I think I'd have to watch and/or play it to understand it.

I think it'd be easier to explain Calvinball.

newrule.gif

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Innings: Like Baseball, its a teams turn number to bat. A Test consists of 2 innings per team (unless the either team bowls the other out before they passed their score). Unlike Baseball, the whole team has to be dismissed before they swap over.

Overs: 90 of these a day. Every 6 balls is an over, bowled by the same bowler. At the end of these, the field swap ends and a different bowler bowls from the other end.

Batsmen: The 2 men at the crease whose job is to hit the ball and try make runs by running up and down the pitch, or hitting the ball over the boundary.

Bails: The two pieces of wood that sit on top of the stumps, a wicket (unless caught) is when the bails are dislodged from the stumps.

Bowler: The one who bowls the ball to the batsmen, trying to get to hit the stumps behind the batsman, or trying to to beat the batsman to get a dot ball.

My name is Dr Man. Thank you for listening to Alphy's Cricket School.

Oh nah, we were hurt more about losing the Ashes last year. Anytime we beat the Poms, ya gotta enjoy it. We'll win the Soccer World Cup within 20years.

Hurry up USA and get a decent cricket team, so we can get a chance to beat ya's.

Archived