Rose Bowl Uniforms

Proc

The OSU wearing white in the National Championship game thread, led me to wonder which team, USC or Michigan, will be the "home" team and thus wear the dark jersey?

Any word out on this one?

I think I answered my own question.... MDen, the Michigan store is selling the home/blue jerseys w/Rose Bowl patches on them. Michigan Rose Bowl Jersey replicas...blue w/Rose Bowl patch

If they both wore dark it would be the greatest uniform game in the history of college football. Somebody needs to make this happen.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I use to know this answer when it was Big 10-Pac 10 every year. That was until the BCS screwed it up! Um but doing a little research, since it will be an odd numbered year if they go back to tradition, then the Pac 10 (USC) will be wearing darks.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Some teams are selling both home and aways for their bowls.

Very true, I was in a store last week and they were selling both Gator and Buckeye home jerseys with the BCS Title Game patch sewn on them.

USC wore red in last year's Rose Bowl. I know the BCS has messed with the cycle for the Big 10/Pac 10 matchups, but I would be surprised if USC wore red 2 years in a row in the Rose Bowl.

I would expect Michigan to be in navy and USC in white this year.

Scott Wolf, a reporter for our Daily News, reported earlier that USC will wear white and Michigan will wear blue. http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/archives/20...te_jerseys.html

As great as Michigan's blue uniforms are, they always ruin them in the Rose Bowl with those huge, tacky patches that cover the tops of the shoulders. Hopefully not this year, but I can't say I'm optimistic.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

my guess is USC will wear home cardinal. Looking at the tradition, the last time there was a Big10/Pac10 was 04 USC white vs Mich blue. so in order to stay with tradition, home team must switch the next time the traditional Big10/Pac10 is played. in 2001, the previous Big10/Pac10 matchup, Washington wore purple and Purdue wore white.

also, Pac10 is home team in odd years and Big10 in even years.

SC is pretty much having a home game and should wear red.

ummmm... as a USC fan, don't you remember that we beat michigan down in the rose bowl just three years ago wearing our white unis??? that's what i'd like to see again.

I'm not superstitious and I like the home jerseys alot better so I want them to wear home jerseys. and beat down Michigan at the same time.

yankees-1.png

ummmm... as a USC fan, don't you remember that we beat michigan down in the rose bowl just three years ago wearing our white unis??? that's what i'd like to see again.

I'm not superstitious and I like the home jerseys alot better so I want them to wear home jerseys. and beat down Michigan at the same time.

Well, we all know that is not going to happen, but you can still hope for the red unis. ^_^ Michigan has the best unis ever, both white jerseys and blue, so I don't mind either way.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, we all know that is not going to happen, but you can still hope for the red unis. ^_^ Michigan has the best unis ever, both white jerseys and blue, so I don't mind either way.

well if Booty plays good I don't think Michigan has a chance. But you never know what he's gonna do.

yankees-1.png

Edit: well, it actually won't be THIS year, but you know what I mean

well if Booty plays great I think USC might have a chance. But you never know what he's gonna do.

There, I think you typed it wrong, I fixed it for you. No, I'm just playin. This should be a close game, and probably one of the best bowl games this year. We have to get you back from 2003.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Edit: well, it actually won't be THIS year, but you know what I mean

well if Booty plays great I think USC might have a chance. But you never know what he's gonna do.

There, I think you typed it wrong, I fixed it for you. No, I'm just playin. This should be a close game, and probably one of the best bowl games this year. We have to get you back from 2003.

yeah it will be a good game but I cant see SC blowing two in a row. Pete Carroll has a lot of time to prepare.

yankees-1.png

Archived