Nene: 1 Game

Knicks

Nate Robinson: 10 Games

Mardy Collins: 6 Games

Jerrod Jeffries: 4 Games

Jerome James: 1 Game

Both clubs were fined $500,000 a piece.

No penalty handed out to Thomas.

Nene & James were suspended for leaving their respective bench areas during the brawl.

Melo should get more merely because he threw such a womanly punch and running away afterwards.

Okay, I'm totally sick and tired of people say Melo was 'running' away. If you watch the video, you'll notice he throw an open handed punch at Collins, connected. When he connected he took a few steps backwards getting ready to defend himself, then Camby pushed Melo back and ended up tripping Jeffries. Then Melo was still back there when Robinson rushed towards, Melo still facing him was again ready to defend himself yet when Robinsion realized that he was only four feet tall, decided to stop and go back.

So Melo didn't run away, even though he should have never thrown the punch, he's not a wuss or any of that, just a young man standing up for his good friend, J.R. Smith.

I'm 23 years old and I can say that if I was faced with the same situation, I probably would have done the same, as when you're 'in the heat' of things you don't think about the fallout, just doing what you feel you need to do at that time.

Carmelo was the only one to stand up and say he did wrong and that he was sorry for it. He was the only one to take responsibility for his actions, and I still have respect for him because he's only 22 years old, he's still growing up. He stood up and took responsibility for what he did, which is more than I can say for Robinson or Thomas.

Okay, I'm totally sick and tired of people say Melo was 'running' away. If you watch the video, you'll notice he throw an open handed punch at Collins, connected. When he connected he took a few steps backwards getting ready to defend himself, then Camby pushed Melo back and ended up tripping Jeffries. Then Melo was still back there when Robinson rushed towards, Melo still facing him was again ready to defend himself yet when Robinsion realized that he was only four feet tall, decided to stop and go back.

So Melo didn't run away, even though he should have never thrown the punch, he's not a wuss or any of that, just a young man standing up for his good friend, J.R. Smith.

I'm 23 years old and I can say that if I was faced with the same situation, I probably would have done the same, as when you're 'in the heat' of things you don't think about the fallout, just doing what you feel you need to do at that time.

Carmelo was the only one to stand up and say he did wrong and that he was sorry for it. He was the only one to take responsibility for his actions, and I still have respect for him because he's only 22 years old, he's still growing up. He stood up and took responsibility for what he did, which is more than I can say for Robinson or Thomas.

You're totally viewing this thing through powder blue colored glasses. But what else would you do, you're a loyal fan of your teams. But blatant homerism doesn't change facts. What blatant homerism does, is actually make you look silly and blind.

Anyway, Carmelo Anthony slapped Mardy Collins...an open handed punch is called a slap. Then he retreated. He didn't run, he didn't skip, and he wasn't pushed. He retreated on his own power and own accord. I'm not calling him a wuss, but I'm saying he back pedaled. Just watch the video. He backtracked all the way to half court. I don't know who it was that grabbed Anthony's jersey, Camby maybe, but Anthony was STILL backing up when his teammate grabbed him. That's not Anthony just taking a couple of steps back. That's not Anthony being pushed. You and I have not been watching the same video.

Look, it's great that Anthony "stood up and took responsibility for what he did," but so the hell what? If I kick your ass, does it make me more of a man that I take responsibility for kicking your ass as I'm being hauled off to jail? Does it make T.O. more of a man that he (at first) admitted he was sorry for spitting in DeAngelo Hall's face? Don't give me that "stood up and took responsibility" bull :censored:, because that's exactly what it is, it's bull :censored:. Your boy 'Melo knew he was going to get splinters in his ass from being attached to the bench by "Der Kommishioner" (I know that's not really German, just trying to be flip), so he "manned up" to lessen his suspension.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Melo should get more merely because he threw such a womanly punch and running away afterwards.

Carmelo Anthony is my favorite player in the NBA and that wll never change, but let call this truthfully for what it was. He slapped him and ran away. When backed away to center court he could as easily hit Jefferies when he was held or had a straight up fight with Nate Robinson but he didn't he kept backing up. The only time he did put his hands up to fight is when Collins ran down the other end and that after he pulled the assistant coach in front of him. I don't know what they showing you on Altitude but on MSG that what I clearly saw, especially before the Knick/Jazz game.

As for the suspension, I respect Anthony for is apology, I hope he appeals the 15 games. The only 2 suspenions I disagree with was J.R. Smith. I kinda thought he deserve less than Nate Robinson, because Robinson was a huge instigator. I would have gave Smith 7-8 games. The other is the non-suspension of Thomas. I heard David Sterns reason for not suspending him but to me the evidence is in the film, I know they say they ar not lip readers but that way the NBA should have did a stroger investation cause his own play was like we not gonna let him come to the paint and showboat and they beating us by 20. Thomas clearly say to Anthony don't go to the paint and he should be suspended for 4-5 games.

Does calling him 'Melo" reinforce your illusion of a connection to him?

Well actually, referring to him as Melo is just easier to type than Carmelo Anthony.

You're totally viewing this thing through powder blue colored glasses. But what else would you do, you're a loyal fan of your teams. But blatant homerism doesn't change facts. What blatant homerism does, is actually make you look silly and blind.

Anyway, Carmelo Anthony slapped Mardy Collins...an open handed punch is called a slap. Then he retreated. He didn't run, he didn't skip, and he wasn't pushed. He retreated on his own power and own accord. I'm not calling him a wuss, but I'm saying he back pedaled. Just watch the video. He backtracked all the way to half court. I don't know who it was that grabbed Anthony's jersey, Camby maybe, but Anthony was STILL backing up when his teammate grabbed him. That's not Anthony just taking a couple of steps back. That's not Anthony being pushed. You and I have not been watching the same video.

Look, it's great that Anthony "stood up and took responsibility for what he did," but so the hell what? If I kick your ass, does it make me more of a man that I take responsibility for kicking your ass as I'm being hauled off to jail? Does it make T.O. more of a man that he (at first) admitted he was sorry for spitting in DeAngelo Hall's face? Don't give me that "stood up and took responsibility" bull :censored:, because that's exactly what it is, it's bull :censored:. Your boy 'Melo knew he was going to get splinters in his ass from being attached to the bench by "Der Kommishioner" (I know that's not really German, just trying to be flip), so he "manned up" to lessen his suspension.

I'm not condoning his actions in any way. I can understand why he did it, but that doesn't make it right.

I never said he wasn't retreating, which he clearly was. I was simply saying he wasn't running away.

Last, I was saying that he was the only one to own up to what he did, THAT's the point I was trying to make, not the fact that him doing that made it any better.

Now I don't agree that Carmelo got 15 games while Robinson only got 10. Now don't get me started on Thomas. :cursing:

Ahem, condoning...

but I understand what you're saying. Robinson didn't punch anyone, that's your difference. Zeke should have been supsended or at least fined.

EDIT: Since this is a basketball thread, I would be remiss I failed to mention that I am as black as the ace of spades. (Thanks TCR, otherwise I would have forgotten!)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

How Melo gets 15 games for a sissy punch/slap, while Jeffries gets 4 for choking the dude in plain sight, I will never be able to justify except with this: Stern making an example of Melo. If you're a star: Don't get in it.

EDIT: Since this is a basketball thread, I would be remiss I failed to mention that I am as black as the ace of spades. (Thanks TCR, otherwise I would have forgotten!)

Jesus fish, really!?

Also, open-punch=slap.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

funny, other sites (no mas specifically) A) think it was a pretty good hook and B) report that Melo boxes in the offseason.

really, I won't consider justice served until Zeke gets at least a fine for this too - he pretty clearly incited the fight. George Karl may be petty, but if your team is getting its bell rung like Thomas' Knicks did, then you take the higher ground post-game and bitch there, you DON'T have your players start up with the flagrant foul BS on starters.

and Nate Robinson is a f'ing punk, too. sports ed for the paper at UO considers it poetic justice that he got suspended for this and for helping instigate the incident, after dunking (yes, dunking) as the Fuskies were running up the score at Mac Court a few years ago - at the time he played innocent. Karma's a bitch, Gary Coleman.

harperdc.gif

Figures David Lettermen would tee off on this, man I love YouTube!

Knicks Basketball: We're Coming For You Next!

lol

It was the most exciting thing we've done all year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Applause for someone whose mind isn't being controlled like they're some robot. I'm tired of people calling his punch a sucker punch. A sucker punch is punching someone who isn't A. paying attention or B. can't defend themselves. From the distance Anthony was standing from Collins plus that Collins was running his mouth (watch the video closely), it wasn't a sucker punch. As for the running away part, when someone runs they have their back turned to the situation. That's wasn't running away that was defense mode. I'm not saying that he wasn't scared in some part but the media and their brainwashing of the fans has made everyone call this a sucker punch. When you got ESPN reporters, columnists repeatedly saying "SUCKER PUNCH" on every show, what is the fan going to think if you're not smart enough to think with your own mind. That's why that Sportsnation poll said Anthony was the person at blame for the brawl when it was really little Nate Robinson who had audacity to say the Nuggets were showboating when like two weeks ago he tried that "slam dunk contest" dunk during like the second quarter in the game against the Cavaliers. What a hypocrite.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived