Israel Baseball League...

Brian in Boston

If the league allows them I think that Palestinians will become the dominate pitchers in this league. All those years of throwing rocks at IDF forces will have paid off. To be honest I am surprised it took until 2007 for a baseball league at this to start in Israel. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, about your sig, gueman: is it really necessary to compare the "the American Left" to Goebbels? :rolleyes:

Since "the left" has only controlled a majority of federal governing institutions for two of the last twenty-seven years (1993-1995, compared to 1981-1987 and 1995-2007 for Republicans and rough parity in 1987-1993 and again starting in 2007), and since the last Democratic presidential candidate to win the endorsement of a majority of American newspapers was Franklin Roosevelt, I'm always mystified by people who blame society's ills on Democrats, liberals, or the left. It's a bit like blaming the Kansas City Royals for driving down World Series TV ratings: Yeah, they wish.

However, I suspect there is a "Big Lie" being peddled in the IBL. Consider: They call what they're playing "baseball." But the games are only seven innings long. And ties will be broken by home run derby. Seven-inning games with ties broken by home run contests? That's not baseball. That's beer-league softball, played with the wrong size ball. :P

20082614447.png

Um, about your sig, gueman: is it really necessary to compare the "the American Left" to Goebbels? :rolleyes:

Yes!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived