Jays new caps

reppact

I was watching TSN last night as they formally introduced Batista to the media.

I saw the new Jays cap, and the first thing I thought was, "Man, the logo on the cap is too damn big!"

I made sure I saw the MLB logo on the back, so I know it was an official cap.

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

Yesterday I received the "Jays preview catalog". When this logo package was introduced I thouroughly hated it, but to be honest, it all looked pretty good in print. Maybe this is just one of those uniforms that will take time to warm up to. But they should still have blue hats, IMO.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Maybe this is just one of those uniforms that will take time to warm up to.

I sure hope so. Using the large logo seems to be yet another poor choice when it comes to the new uniform IMO.

-the decision to not go old school or retro in theme

-the decision to go black

-the awful choice for the road colours

-the decision to omit blue for the most part

-choosing the large logo over the smaller version

Who's making all the decisions with this uniform?

Cheers,

Chris

Maybe this is just one of those uniforms that will take time to warm up to.

I sure hope so. Using the large logo seems to be yet another poor choice when it comes to the new uniform IMO.

-the decision to not go old school or retro in theme

-the decision to go black

-the awful choice for the road colours

-the decision to omit blue for the most part

-choosing the large logo over the smaller version

Who's making all the decisions with this uniform?

Cheers,

Chris

dont forget no maple leaf.

I actually like the grey cap, although I hate the logo both in design and size. It would have worked better as a road cap.

The Toronto Grey Jays...doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

I agree with you though, the grey cap in itself is nice and could work for a different, more appropriate team.

Cheers

Hey, if you're not going to have a Grey Cup, then why not a Grey Cap?

:D

Okay, enough with the bad CFL humor (if you can call it that).  I like the cap - it's unique, to be sure.  Yes, the logo is a bit large for my tastes and I would prefer more blue and less black in the team's overall scheme, but taking this cap on its own without looking at the bigger picture -- I think it's nice.

It's funny, I found a quote from current Jays president, and then Toronto chairman, Paul Godfrey, in a newspaper article in 1976 announcing the name will be "Blue Jays":

The Toronto Star, front page, August 13, 1976

"To be honest, I'm not impressed", was the candid reaction of Metro chairman Paul Godfrey, who was a prime mover in getting a major league ball team for Toronto, "The first part of the name, Toronto Blues, grabs me, it has a nice sound".

So, in 1976 he hates the "Jays" part, and in 2003 he hates the "Blue" part, hey whatever.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Do we know for sure that that is the new Jays cap in the pic. Its been bothering me for a while, but somehow it doesn't look like a game cap to me. Personally I still like the new Jays identity, and fair enough that puts me in a minority but hey I'm fine with that! :P

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Do we know for sure that that is the new Jays cap in the pic. Its been bothering me for a while, but somehow it doesn't look like a game cap to me. Personally I still like the new Jays identity, and fair enough that puts me in a minority but hey I'm fine with that! :P

It is indeed the new home caps, I have the 2004 merchandise catalogue, and I have seen them in person at the SkyDome.   I own the road one, and it is pure black.

The home caps are the same colour, to the eye at least, as the numbering on the home jerseys.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

It is indeed the new home caps, I have the 2004 merchandise catalogue, and I have seen them in person at the SkyDome. I own the road one, and it is pure black.

The home caps are the same colour, to the eye at least, as the numbering on the home jerseys.

Are they planning to use black batting helmets at home and away, or are they going to use a graphite colored helmet?  That would be interesting to see.

Archived