Newark Arena Pics

NJTank

I heard it will be a large Video Screen

oh awesome! that would be cool to see

That way, everyone in Newark can keep up with the New Jersey Devils! Boring has never been this big!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard it will be a large Video Screen

oh awesome! that would be cool to see

That way, everyone in Newark can keep up with the New Jersey Devils! Boring has never been this big!

Winning is never boring

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Arena is coming along nicely despite some wetaher related delays check out this flip book to show you whats in store in Newark next year.

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/njd/prucent...e/flipbook5.swf

Here is the promotional video they made a year ago or so when they began selling the suites for the arena. It's narrated by Jim Nantz.

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/njd/prucenter/video.php#

Winning is never boring

he wouldnt know he roots for the blackhawks.

also, what truly is boring is never contributing anything other then sarcastic one liners wouldnt you agree?

I like those fire and ice lounges. I love that Goal Bar; I'm fond of arenas that have lounges where you can view the game live while still being within the dining area (that isn'ta a personal luxury box). The nicest I've seen is the Penalty Box at the Scotiabank Place which, if I'm not mistaken, allows you to order a variety of sandwiches and snacks and still watch the game.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Winning is never boring

he wouldnt know he roots for the blackhawks.

also, what truly is boring is never contributing anything other then sarcastic one liners wouldnt you agree?

What is it exactly that you do here? Call everyone stupid and harass Canadians in your signatures? Draw up hockey sweaters and prevent people from critiquing them because you, unlike anyone else here who has ever drawn up a hockey sweater, have nothing to gain from verbal feedback? I don't claim to be the board MVP or anything, but I'm not really fazed by you trying to belittle me.

So how is the neighborhood? Can I walk around post-game, say 9 PM, without getting in some "trouble"?

It's in a downtown business district that would be flooded with cops on event days. I would say so, it will be a lot like Yankee Stadium.

NJ was 26th in attendance in 06-07 (<14k per game) and they manage to get a new hockey only arena?

wtf?

is the state of NJ paying for any of this??

Obviously, the Devils have a topflight front office that was able to get a deal done.

The friggin' Penguins should take some notes.

NJ was 26th in attendance in 06-07 (<14k per game) and they manage to get a new hockey only arena?

wtf?

is the state of NJ paying for any of this??

$250 million comes from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for the lease of the Newark Airport the rest (150 mill plus) comes from the Devils. The Devils will essentially own the building.

It's almost entirely due to the Devils ownership who got this deal done. The previous ownership (who also owned the Nets) couldn't get the deal done. It wasn't until both teams were sold that this got done. The arena isn't hockey only Seton Hall is also moving from the Meadowland to the Prudential Center.

Plus, if the Brooklyn deal falls through, they might have to house the Nets, so we'll see. I assume anyone else at the Meadowlands will also move to Newark.

Plus, if the Brooklyn deal falls through, they might have to house the Nets, so we'll see. I assume anyone else at the Meadowlands will also move to Newark.

Well apparently the CAA will stay open and compete with the new arena.

Really? I was under the impression that it was going to be torn down for Xanadu (how can they really call it that?). Okay then.

CAA wont stay open too far pass 2010 eventually the Rock will take all the good concerts the WWE and other big events so once the Nets move to Brooklyn it will be over for the CAA.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• 1 month later...

Archived