Newark Arena Pics

NJTank

Well I take my cue from the Arena's Official Website

http://www.prucenter.com/

it's abbreviated because either they didn't want people to type the whole thing out, or someone hijacked prudentialcenter.com, so they went with that. Trust me, no one is calling it, nor will ever call it "The Pru"....

Or prudentialcenter.com is the address for the Prudential Center in Boston. And yes The Rock is the better nickname.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh maybe it is I guess will see, I certainly cant wait til it opens either way, at work since they moved my office to the 10th floor I can see it from my desk.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

it's abbreviated because either they didn't want people to type the whole thing out, or someone hijacked prudentialcenter.com, so they went with that. Trust me, no one is calling it, nor will ever call it "The Pru"....

Or prudentialcenter.com is the address for the Prudential Center in Boston. And yes The Rock is the better nickname.

Guess where this leads to... The SHOPES at Prudential Center. (Thank You Google, Thank You Google, Thank You Google.)

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess where this leads to... The SHOPES at Prudential Center. (Thank You Google, Thank You Google, Thank You Google.)

Putting it in all caps only magnifies the spelling mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

So I had a Meeting to get to on Broad Street the other day and I was on McCarter highway...I turned onto a street to try and cut across to Broad but the road was closed b/c it happened to lead to the arena site (I forget which street it was). But I drove up anyway as far as I could just to take a quick look before turning around....I just hope, for their sake (I'm a NYR fan so I'm not really affected...) they're planning on other improvements in the area, because Penn Stations still a few minutes away on foot...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

They are. They are expanding the platform and building a bridge from there across McCarter that will lead to a park across from the arena. Plus they are building a hotel and other office buildings right in that area.

Well then there ya have it...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I dont know about Princeton I think you can get a train to Princeton at Penn Station but its down by Trenton, and not near Newark.

Yea I know but I was wondering in case I wanted to see some college hockey. Princeton Junction's part of the Northeast Corridor so I dont see how its a problem from NYC Penn

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I'm assuming its easy to get to Princeton from Penn as well if I wanted to catch an NCAA Hockey game, right?

Absolutly, take the train from NY Penn down to Princeton Junction then take the shuttle train from Princeton Junction to Princeton.

Archived