The 1st place team in the NBA's Atlantic Division...

Braden

Is now the Toronto Raptors???

They have won 5 of their last 6 games and now sit as the 3rd seeded Eastern team with a 12-15 record.

Great news for the Raps, but what the heck is going on in that division? The Knicks are even in the thick of it in 3rd place!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

They have won 5 of their last 6 games and now sit as the 4th seeded Eastern team with a 12-15 record.

Great news for the Raps, but what the heck is going on in that division? The Knicks are even in the thick of it in 3rd place!

there, fixed it for you! :)

I saw, I came, I left.

For the team that ends up winning that division...

"You've won the NBA Atlantic Division, that's like being the smartest kid with downs syndrome"

or the best looking guy in your trailer park.

down's syndrome isn't a joke, mother :censored:er.

For the team that ends up winning that division...

"You've won the NBA Atlantic Division, that's like being the smartest kid with downs syndrome"

or the best looking guy in your trailer park.

down's syndrome isn't a joke, mother :censored:er.

I knew I'd probably catch :censored: for this. This was NOT my phrase, thus the quotes around it. Here's the original quote...

Good job Monty, you're the coolest guy at Shananigans. That's like being the smartest kid with downs syndrome.

It's from a movie, and thus the only reason I even know of it.

FYI, I do not live in a trailer park, in fact I live nowhere near one.

Well... for the moment we can claim the Raptors are the 3rd best team in the East!!! :D All we have to do is keep winning some games here and there and they will be back in the post season for the first time in 5 years, yay!!!! Wow... I kind of feel dirty now after the reviewing the stuff I just wrote...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The way things are going, there's a chance that the team they play in the playoffs would have homecourt over the Atlantic Division winner. Good Lord, that division sucks this year.

Sure is Nets are underachieving so bad this year its not funny

Yeah, how's ol' Vince working out for ya? That bag of dirty sweatsocks we got in the trade are starting to look pretty good right now

It's still somewhat early, Zero. I'm sure the Nets will get it together. Remember how Vince got the Nets into the playoffs in 2004? The Nets went 15-4 in their last 19 games to get in, only to get slayed by the Heat. Last year, the Nets won the Atlantic Division for the 4th time in 5 seasons. I think the Nets will get it together though. That trade for the Raptors is starting to look good. They got the young players to build around and will be good for years to come. I just don't think it's their year this year though. The VC trade is similar to the Iverson trade. Stock up on draft picks, and it will pay off in a few years. Go Nets...

-E.A.R.

what's less well known from that game last night is that the Blazers are just a game or so out of 8th in the West. This, from a team expected to challenge for Greg Oden going into the year.

not to say that I'm hoping for the playoffs or anything, no...that'd be stupid. If we stay within four games of .500 for the continuation I'll be very happy...

harperdc.gif

While we're on the tangent subject of the Nets, I'd just like to point out that Jason Kidd is averaging 8.6 rebounds per game. 1.4 more than any other guard in the league and 1.8 more than any other Net. I'm not trying to advocate him for MVP or anything. but 8.6 boards per game for a point guard is just ridiculous.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

They have won 5 of their last 6 games and now sit as the 3rd seeded Eastern team with a 12-15 record.

That would put them a half-game behind Milwaukee for last in the Central.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

That would put them a half-game behind Milwaukee for last in the Central.

Their loss tonight along with Miami's win puts them at 12-16; first in the Atlantic, ninth in the East.

Like I said a few months ago in a different thread, the Raptors may win their division, but it doesn't mean they had a good season.

Save the slugalo.

division leaders getting the top 3 seeds isa joke, sure the division leaders should get a guarenteed playoffs spot fine, but when a team is 3 games below 500% and is in 3rd place theirs a problem!
Actually, the division leaders are now guaranteed a top 4 seed, with the top 4 seeds going to the three division winners and the team with the next best record. Though I almost wonder... could we see teams fighting to be the second best wildcard (so they can host the Atlantic champ?)

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived