The 1st place team in the NBA's Atlantic Division...

Braden

division leaders getting the top 3 seeds isa joke, sure the division leaders should get a guarenteed playoffs spot fine, but when a team is 3 games below 500% and is in 3rd place theirs a problem!

I think it's mentioned above (if you won't look, I won't either), but that's not the case anymore in the NBA. After last season, when the Spurs had a much better record (or was it the Mavs?) than the third-seeded Nuggets, the NBA changed it so the top four seeds are based on record first, division second. That means the best a poor Atlantic team can do is a four seed instead of a three. It's not the best solution, but at least it's a start.

The logic is that there must be a reward for winning your division, and I can certainly buy into that. Anyway, I don't think the Nets will be crap all season and I do have a feeling they'll end up over .500 and avoid most the embarrassment a fourth seed with a losing record would bring.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

division leaders getting the top 3 seeds isa joke, sure the division leaders should get a guarenteed playoffs spot fine, but when a team is 3 games below 500% and is in 3rd place theirs a problem!

It's only December, there is still 4 monthes of basketball to be played. I'm sure that one of the Atlantic teams will finish over .500. It's like the 7-9 NFL playoff team. The past couple of years its been talked about, but it has yet to happen (watch now that I say it, it'll happen this season). The chances of a division leader finishing under .500 is highly unlikely, and I doubt it happens.

Also, I'm not much of an NBA fan so I don't know. Do NBA teams play teams in there division more often than other teams. If so, I'm sure one of the teams will rack up division wins.

Keep in mind as well that every team in the Atlantic has had a few drawbacks lately.

Raptors - Chris Bosh's injury, you know they'll be better when he comes back

Knicks - Suspensions gfrom the Brawl with the Nuggets

Nets - Kristic's injury, and although it's a season ender, they're adjusting to try to win without him

Celtics - Paul Pierce's injury, you know they'll also be better when he comes back

76ers - Adjusting towards a new system without AI

There's a pretty good chance that ONE of these teams will get their act together and get above .500 and represent their division well in the playoffs. Personally, and I am a bit biased, but I think the Raptors have the best chance. They have played more road games than any team in the league, and the Raptors have always been night and day when it comes to home and away games.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Keep in mind as well that every team in the Atlantic has had a few drawbacks lately.

Nets - Kristic's injury, and although it's a season ender, they're adjusting to try to win without him

Celtics - Paul Pierce's injury, you know they'll also be better when he comes back

There's a pretty good chance that ONE of these teams will get their act together and get above .500 and represent their division well in the playoffs. Personally, and I am a bit biased, but I think the Raptors have the best chance. They have played more road games than any team in the league, and the Raptors have always been night and day when it comes to home and away games.

Oddly, enough the Raptors have been playing well without Bosh and the Knicks have been playing better since the brawl.

I saw, I came, I left.

Also, I'm not much of an NBA fan so I don't know. Do NBA teams play teams in there division more often than other teams. If so, I'm sure one of the teams will rack up division wins.

I believe they play the teams in their division 4 times a season each, and the other conference teams either 3 or 4 times each.

The Raptors are 6-5 without Bosh; they were 7-12 with him. They're a bad team, period.

The Knicks are 4-2 since the fight and suspensions; they were 9-17 with the rest of the losers.

The Nets were 11-15 with Kristic, they weren't going anywhere anyway.

The Celtics were 10-14 with Pierce in the lineup, and are winless in four games without him. Sure, they're a better team with him, but they still suck.

The 76ers are pathetic. They were 5-12 with Iverson and 3-9 without him (2-2 with the new players).

Save the slugalo.

I believe they play the teams in their division 4 times a season each, and the other conference teams either 3 or 4 times each.

In that case, the NBA should really have the teams play there divisional opponents more often than other teams (like MLB does). I don't want to say it would then be impossible for a team to finish under .500 and win the division. However I'm sure it would make it less likely, because one team might dominate in division play.

Archived