Canada vs Sweden

steiny_ramone

A few days old, but during the WJC exhibiton game between Canada and Sweden, Canada was in white jerseys, but Sweden was in yellow. Traditionally, Sweden has used yellow as their light-coloured jersey.

Here is a picture from the game

can_fin_exhib.jpg

and here is one from the 2002 Olympics, Canada vs Sweden, but Canada is in their dark jerseys, and Sweden is in their yellows

lemieux.jpg

Is this just an exhibition thing, or a WJC thing, or a permanent change for the team?

A few days old, but during the WJC exhibiton game between Canada and Sweden, Canada was in white jerseys, but Sweden was in yellow. Traditionally, Sweden has used yellow as their light-coloured jersey.

can_fin_exhib.jpg

Ah NUTS! It looks like Canada are wearing the Swift jerseys again. Sweden is now too. :cursing::mad::cursing:

I had a sliver of hope that they would take the ice in something else...anything else.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Slightly O/T, but those Canada unis look terrible next to the Swedes'.

In your opinion, because . . .

That's a worthless statement unless you elaborate.

What's wrong with the Canadian sweaters? What's good about the Swedish ones?

Present some information to make your point. Otherwise, it's just another dumbass comment.

can_fin_exhib.jpg

Ah NUTS! It looks like Canada are wearing the Swift jerseys again. Sweden is now too. :cursing::mad::cursing:

I had a sliver of hope that they would take the ice in something else...anything else.

Actually I believe Sweden's are slightly different from normal Swifts. I guess Nike was able to make some changes since Sweden got their's late.

But yeah, don't hope too much. The Swifts are pretty much IIHF mandatory now. All the teams that compete/have competed at the top elite level have Swifts now. That's why I was joking with someone about getting a British hockey jersey because if they would've beat Austria a week ago, Britain would've been promoted to the elite division and most likely have gotten swifts.

Present some information to make your point. Otherwise, it's just another dumbass comment.

Pardon me...

I meant to say the white, new ones. Sheesh, just take me out back and shoot me because I forgot to elaborate. Merry XMas.

Pardon me...

I meant to say the white, new ones. Sheesh, just take me out back and shoot me because I forgot to elaborate. Merry XMas.

I know which ones you're talking about.

What I'm trying to get across is that your post is meaningless unless you explain why you think the Swedish uniforms make the Canadian ones look bad. You seem to assume that your opinion is either universally shared or understood, making further clarification unnecessary. As I neither share nor understand your opinion, I'm simply wondering what the basis was for your comment.

Here's another image from that game:

helm_darren_hor.jpg

Those uniforms look pretty similar, to me.

- dark helmets, dark pants

- light sweater, light socks

- similar "Swift" style sweaters

- vertical striping on the sleeves and sides

- horizontal striping on the socks

- nearly identical striping style

Besides the different colour schemes, the only major difference I can see is that the Swedes have stripes on their forearms and numbers on their upper arms, while the Canadians have stripes on their upper arms and numbers on their shoulders.

So what is it about the Swedish uniforms that makes Canada's look, in your opinion, terrible? Is it the colours, or is it the placement of the sleeve stripes and numbers?

I can understand someone saying that they prefer the Swedish uniforms - I like them myself. Being as the two uniforms are so alike though, I can't see how one of them can be called terrible in comparison to the other.

What I'm particularly curious about is whether you're actually capable of supporting your statement or if you're just another dimwit polluting the boards with half-formed thoughts.

Pardon me...

I know which ones you're talking about.

What I'm trying to get across is that your post is meaningless unless you explain why you think the Swedish uniforms make the Canadian ones look bad. You seem to assume that your opinion is either universally shared or understood, making further clarification unnecessary. As I neither share nor understand your opinion, I'm simply wondering what the basis was for your comment.

Here's another image from that game:

helm_darren_hor.jpg

Those uniforms look pretty similar, to me.

- dark helmets, dark pants

- light sweater, light socks

- similar "Swift" style sweaters

- vertical striping on the sleeves and sides

- horizontal striping on the socks

- nearly identical striping style

Besides the different colour schemes, the only major difference I can see is that the Swedes have stripes on their forearms and numbers on their upper arms, while the Canadians have stripes on their upper arms and numbers on their shoulders.

So what is it about the Swedish uniforms that makes Canada's look, in your opinion, terrible? Is it the colours, or is it the placement of the sleeve stripes and numbers?

I can understand someone saying that they prefer the Swedish uniforms - I like them myself. Being as the two uniforms are so alike though, I can't see how one of them can be called terrible in comparison to the other.

What I'm particularly curious about is whether you're actually capable of supporting your statement or if you're just another dimwit polluting the boards with half-formed thoughts.

(Who spit in your eggnog? Sheesh.)

Anyways, I didn't see that Sweden has adopted something similar to the Swift uniform. In the first pic, it was hard to tell that Sweden wasn't wearing the same uniform they wore during the olympics. And I think 99% of people on this board would agree those were better than the new Canadian jerseys.

Now that I see them up close, the Sweden jerseys are slightly disappointing. The old ones had better striping and didn't look too tight, like the new ones. The new ones look to fit the template of the 2006 Olympics.

Good support for my thought, d-bag? BTW, I wish I was the one who spit in your eggnog. Or worse.

Good support for my thought, d-bag? BTW, I wish I was the one who spit in your eggnog. Or worse.

You are one of my least favorite members.

That comment (of mine) was over the line. For that, I apologize. However, find me someone who likes having their comments branded as useless and meaningless.

Any other reasons, Steve?

Good support for my thought, d-bag?

Yes. Not the most perceptive thing I've heard, but it's a coherent thought, at least. :lol:

I figured your comment was based on the mistaken assumption that Sweden was wearing a more traditional style of uniform. It begs the question of why you'd make such a negative comparison when you really couldn't discern the details of one team's gear.

Nothing personal, but if you don't like your comments being called thoughtless, put some thought into them. Explain your reasoning. No one likes to spend time trying to decipher shallow and cursory remarks either.

No one likes to spend time trying to decipher shallow and cursory remarks either.

I hate having to make sense of the words "decipher" and "cursory". Once I do, I'll have a quick reply for you. Them words is too big for the internet. :mad:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Nothing personal, but if you don't like your comments being called thoughtless, put some thought into them. Explain your reasoning. No one likes to spend time trying to decipher shallow and cursory remarks either.

Yes, mom. I'll also wear a sweater the next time I go outside.

Half of this, or any, message board is filled with "shallow and cursory" remarks. So why just jump on one man for giving his opinion? I'm sure not every one of your 1000+ posts has been filled with insight. Or have they? Because then, and only then, do you have the right to rip my comments.

Put some rum in your eggnog. It'll loosen you up a little bit.

Yes, mom. I'll also wear a sweater the next time I go outside.

Half of this, or any, message board is filled with "shallow and cursory" remarks. So why just jump on one man for giving his opinion? I'm sure not every one of your 1000+ posts has been filled with insight. Or have they? Because then, and only then, do you have the right to rip my comments.

Put some rum in your eggnog. It'll loosen you up a little bit.

Loosen up? :lol:

Am I taking your comments too seriously, now? Funny, yesterday you were upset because I was too dismissive of them.

So what's it going to be Beej? Are people supposed to take you seriously, or are you just some idiot frolicking in the village square for the amusement of the locals?

The boards are filled with shallow comments that I mostly overlook. I singled out your post because I disagree with it, and as you've admitted yourself, you clearly didn't know what you were talking about.

Why did you post it on a public message board if you didn't want a response? Were you only expecting feedback from, in your words, the "99% of people on this board" who would agree with you? What's the point of posting something if you think everyone already shares your opinion? If you're looking for a circle jerk, try the adult bookstore.

Like it or not, I have the right to respond to your comments however I choose. If you're unable or unwilling to defend your point of view, then you probably shouldn't post it. Otherwise, put some thought into your posts and expect to be challenged by those who disagree with you.

Archived