Canada vs Sweden

steiny_ramone

I've used some of this Gordie / BJ back&forth above as an example for a non-sports forum that I moderate. It's a good example of elaboration or at least simple reasonings being used (or not used) to make a point understandable.

That's a problem that seems to be universal to message boards of any topic.

and here is one from the 2002 Olympics, Canada vs Sweden, but Canada is in their dark jerseys, and Sweden is in their yellows

lemieux.jpg

I loved those red alternates for Canada. Better logo and better striping than the primaries. If only we hadn't been owned in that game against Sweden, maybe those jerseys would have been worn more than once.

Back on topic, I think white against yellow looks bad. Someone should have worn dark jerseys.

Back on topic, I think white against yellow looks bad. Someone should have worn dark jerseys.

Seriously. If you have two jerseys, yellow and blue, then your yellow is clearly your "light" jersey and should never be allowed to be worn against another teams "light" jersey. It's just wrong.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

(Who spit in your eggnog? Sheesh.)

Good support for my thought, d-bag? BTW, I wish I was the one who spit in your eggnog. Or worse.

What is sad about this board is that there have been many, many brilliant people who have left this board, or simply don't post because of the post-Nazi's who seek the opportunity to bash others from behind their keyboards.

Seriously. If you have two jerseys, yellow and blue, then your yellow is clearly your "light" jersey and should never be allowed to be worn against another teams "light" jersey. It's just wrong.

Eh, I don't know about that. I think it really just comes down to the shade of yellow it is. I think Sweden's yellow vs a white is more than ok.

Actually, I may be the only guy participating in this forum to like the IIHF swift style...

Team canada's black alternate is awsome!

Team USA's white jerseys is great too!

Go Canada for U20!

:flagcanada:

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Sweden has three versions of the swift jersey. They now have a white, which means that either yellow or blue can be the "dark" jersey.

swedenswift.jpg

I would assume the white is their alt. I have never seen them wear that white jersey, or any white jersey, for that matter. So I guess for tradition's sake they're keeping yellow as their light jersey.

Archived