Columbus Blue Jackets

Los Angeles Kings

Ottawa Senators

St. Louis Blues

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs

Washington Capitals

Winnipeg Jets

So I got rid of the vegas gold because it just didnt say Penguins to me. I also updated one of their original logo's for a shoulder patch. As for the Alt. I was always a fan of the "Pittsburgh" black jerseys, so I went back to their original colors, and since it is to be worn at home I threw "Penguins" on there instead.

pens.png

C&C as always..

The home and away are next to perfect. The colors look really crisp. I'm loving them. The only thing I'm ehhh about is the "V" at the bottom.

Not too sure on the powder blue alt. For some reason, I've always hated the diagonally angled lettering. The blue is really unique. Good idea for it, just not executed the right way.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

As a Pens fan that prays for the day these current jerseys disappear, I would strongly be in favor of adopting the design posted up top. As for the V hem line, I like it because its not your standard horizontal bars across the bottom of the uniform, but its that same reason that It would take some time getting used to.

I also really like adopting the Wordmark logo on the sleeves.

I think the V hem looks odd because it is at such a diff. angle from the triangle. It may look better if it matched the angle, even if it meant that it couldn't connect on the jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

First off, hockey jerseys, with the exception of the Rangers and Sabres 9/11 tribute jerseys, should NEVER have a script, especially a diagonal script on their jerseys. Now, I know it's not the most popular, but I'd have the old 1993-2001 black jersey as an alternate. Why, I may even add a 4th jersey as the road version of the alternate.

As for why the Penguins dropped the classic yellow for vegas gold, I'll never know. The black and gold look good, but the yellow had been around for what, 35 years?

As for why the Penguins dropped the classic yellow for vegas gold, I'll never know. The black and gold look good, but the yellow had been around for what, 35 years?

But, you could also make the argument that they arent their original colors.

I, personally, like their current colors best. But their jerseys could be better.

oBIgzrL.png

Oh yeah, for the first few seasons it included blue, but most of my images, they used yellow from the happy penguin in their inargural season to 2001, or the last year they used the poiny beak Penguin

In some ways I'm a traditionalist, and this is a case. I'd say revert to black and gold

• 4 weeks later...

The Pens switched to black and gold in 1980.

Those resemble the 1993-2000 a little too much for my tastes. I was glad to move away from the white one especially.

For your third logo, why did you fill in the triangle blue? The logo has yellow in the backround, and even when the Pens rocked blue, the triangle has always been yellow or gold. That's a Pittsburgh thing you HAVE to keep, not a design thing.

http://www.michaelmccumber.com/pictures/br...1-pittsburgh04/

I have to admit, I'm in with the VEGAS GOLD crowd.

When they came up with that new look, I thought i was hte best re-design ever.

As for the ALT, ALLELUJAH for Powder Blue.

But I would go for the other vintage shirt, the one the WBS Penguins used as ALT.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Personally, I think using the wordmark logo as a shoulder patch doesn't work when you've got pretty much the same exact logo as the main crest. I'd personally consider using the other Penguins triangle logo (the 1990s one with the Emperor Penguin) on the chest and the wordmark logo on the shoulders.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a reason why I can't view this or most of Speedy's other NHL concepts? Almost all of them have a "Photobucket - Exceeded Bandwidth" logo in place of the jerseys (but not on all of the concept pages though. This has been going on for the past, at least, two weeks, but all the immediately new ones since still appear fine.

--Roger "Time?" Clementte.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Is there a reason why I can't view this or most of Speedy's other NHL concepts? Almost all of them have a "Photobucket - Exceeded Bandwidth" logo in place of the jerseys (but not on all of the concept pages though. This has been going on for the past, at least, two weeks, but all the immediately new ones since still appear fine.

I'm having the same problem.

I'm having the same problem.

Fixed.

Archived