Check out NBA TV now

OCE

#10 cheeks is wearing a numeral style different from the rest of the team (guess they just used last year's numbers if they had to lol)

sixers unis look very red, not the crimson of the early barkley years

knicks still have old style jersey trim & player names not the generic ones they use today

nice to see the old striped socks too

knicks shorts are different both the stripes & the logos. there's a logo on each side, can't tell exactly what it is

shirt trim is very thin

The early 80s Sixers were notorious for number font inconsistencies.

I have a team photo from the '83 champions, and every number 2 is a different style, many number 1s are different (some have a diagonal top, some are rounded), the 7, 4s, and even some 5s are different.

At least nobody had two different 1s, 2s, 4s, 5s, or 7s on the same jersey!

Oh - and I think the color difference is more a result of the fabric. The Barkly era jerseys had that wide-mesh fabric, which likely made the color appear lighter and brighter than the early 80s material, which (I am guessing, I don't know for sure) was more "solid", and got darker as players sweat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

and now its bulls-knicks from '86 - early-ass ewing-jordan matchup.

is it right to like the short shorts as much as I do? I almost want the NBA to go back to them.

oh god, the kneepads. he looks like a volleyball player out there.

harperdc.gif

I have a team photo from the '83 champions, and every number 2 is a different style, many number 1s are different (some have a diagonal top, some are rounded), the 7, 4s, and even some 5s are different.

Oh - and I think the color difference is more a result of the fabric. The Barkly era jerseys had that wide-mesh fabric, which likely made the color appear lighter and brighter than the early 80s material, which (I am guessing, I don't know for sure) was more "solid", and got darker as players sweat.

That's because the jerseys were unique -- one per player. Sand Knit didn't mass-market uniforms (a travesty, if you ask me).

I don't have any pictures but i think if i'm not mistaken that Andrew Toney's nameplate was different than the rest of the team's. His letters were more spread out and in a different font without seriffs unlike the rest of the Sixers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived