New Orleans Saints

Troy

on an interesting saint side-note... I was at the saint-giant debacle last sunday... and from my seat at giant stadium, which is relatively "close" to the field.. I could NOT see the fleur-de-lis on the saint helmet!! didn't know if it was the glare on the field... the angle... whatever... it looked like blank gold helmets....

just a weird occurrance... for the 27 years I've been going to giants games I never had that experience before with any other visiting team...

nybatt

"ny giant unis... simplistic excellence"

Just curious - do you physically type that "simplestic excellence" phrase after each post you write?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on an interesting saint side-note... I was at the saint-giant debacle last sunday... and from my seat at giant stadium, which is relatively "close" to the field.. I could NOT see the fleur-de-lis on the saint helmet!! didn't know if it was the glare on the field... the angle... whatever... it looked like blank gold helmets....

just a weird occurrance... for the 27 years I've been going to giants games I never had that experience before with any other visiting team...

nybatt

"ny giant unis... simplistic excellence"

Uh, how couldn't you notice a giant black fleurdelis on the helmet. A glare you say? I don't know how

Well, they "modified" it after 1999, added the gold and black ones, both of which are smaller, so it may be that they keep getting made smaller. But I agree, I have a copy of the old fleurdelis used from 1967-1999

Keep the current fleur-de-lis. The original was ridiculously large:

kilmer5.jpg

No gold jerseys. No black/black monochromes. Use the gold pants with both jerseys. Change the numbers on the away jersey to gold with black outlines.

BTW, you can vote for your favorite combo on neworleanssaints.com. Scroll down and it's on the left. Unbelievably, current results indicate 51% of respondents prefer the black on black. Of course, they did re-elect that incompetent idiot Nagin... :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It's all about the gold pants. I love the gold helmet, white jersey, gold pants look. It says "Saints" to me. If they could get the black jersey's gold numerals to match the helmet, and get the helmet to match the pants, then they'd be (pun intended) golden.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I KNOW 4 A FACT THAT THE SAINTS, WILL BE CHANGING THERE UNIFORMS NEXT YEAR SO I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT IT'S NOT OVER THE TOP (VIKINGS, FALCONS, CARDINALS) AND THAT THE GOLD WILL FINALLY

MATCH EVERYTHING THROUGHOUT THEIR SET!

THEY ARE SELLING THESE JERSEY'S IN NEW ORLEANS AS 'ALTERANTES' AS ARE THE GOLD JERSEY'S THAT THE SAINTS, HAVE WORN ONLY ONCE DURING THERE FIRST PLAYOFF APPERANCE AGAINST THE VIKINGS. I

WAS TOLD BY A SAINTS, REPRESENTATIVE THAT THE GOLD ALTERNATES WERE ONLY MEANT 2 BE WORN

4 A CHARITY EVENT THAT THE SAINTS, WERE SPONSORING AND THAT'S WHY WE'LL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!

Saints-Throwback-1.jpg

ALTHOUGH, I LIKE THIS STYLE WITH THE GOLD NUMBERS CAUSE' IT FLOWS WITH THE HELMET AND THE PANTS (INCLUDING THE WHITE STRIPE IN THE PANTS 2 MATCH THE HELMET STRIPE) IT WAS DITCHED DUE 2 THE FACT THAT ANNOUNCERS COULD NOT CLEARLY SEE THE PLAYERS NUMBERS FROM WHERE THEY SIT AND IT WAS HARD 4 THEM 2 KNOW WHO WAS WHO! NOW I HAVE BOTH AN AUTHENTIC CUSTOM SAINTS, JERSEY THAT THEY WEAR NOW AND A AUTHENTIC THROWBACK REGGIE BUSH, IT IS CLEAR THAT THEY USED A DARKER 'OLD' GOLD 4 THOSE YEARS THAT WOULD SEEM FITTING 2 USE NOW. EVEN IF DARKENED A 'HAIR' MORE IT IS POSSIBLE 2 SEE THE DAMN NUMBERS CAUSE' I THINK IT WAS JUST B.S. COMING FROM THE LEAUGE!!

Saints-Throwback.jpg

...AS ARE THE GOLD JERSEY'S THAT THE SAINTS, HAVE WORN ONLY ONCE DURING THERE FIRST PLAYOFF APPERANCE AGAINST THE VIKINGS.

Not so. They wore the gold alts in 2002 or 2003, loooooong after that 1987 playoff debacle against the Vikings (Saints lost 44-10 at home).

ALTHOUGH, I LIKE THIS STYLE WITH THE GOLD NUMBERS CAUSE' IT FLOWS WITH THE HELMET AND THE PANTS (INCLUDING THE WHITE STRIPE IN THE PANTS 2 MATCH THE HELMET STRIPE) IT WAS DITCHED DUE 2 THE FACT THAT ANNOUNCERS COULD NOT CLEARLY SEE THE PLAYERS NUMBERS FROM WHERE THEY SIT AND IT WAS HARD 4 THEM 2 KNOW WHO WAS WHO!

Saints-Throwback.jpg

Those gold on white numbers rule. The answer to the announcers' "problem" is a slightly thicker black outline, like these originals from 1967, which use the more copper-like gold and thicker outlines:

JtaylorNo.jpg

I so hope their new uni's incorporate some of the past elements like the matching helmet/pants stripe.

...AS ARE THE GOLD JERSEY'S THAT THE SAINTS, HAVE WORN ONLY ONCE DURING THERE FIRST PLAYOFF APPERANCE AGAINST THE VIKINGS.

Not so. They wore the gold alts in 2002 or 2003, loooooong after that 1987 playoff debacle against the Vikings (Saints lost 44-10 at home).

ALTHOUGH, I LIKE THIS STYLE WITH THE GOLD NUMBERS CAUSE' IT FLOWS WITH THE HELMET AND THE PANTS (INCLUDING THE WHITE STRIPE IN THE PANTS 2 MATCH THE HELMET STRIPE) IT WAS DITCHED DUE 2 THE FACT THAT ANNOUNCERS COULD NOT CLEARLY SEE THE PLAYERS NUMBERS FROM WHERE THEY SIT AND IT WAS HARD 4 THEM 2 KNOW WHO WAS WHO!

Saints-Throwback.jpg

Those gold on white numbers rule. The answer to the announcers' "problem" is a slightly thicker black outline, like these originals from 1967, which use the more copper-like gold and thicker outlines:

JtaylorNo.jpg

I so hope their new uni's incorporate some of the past elements like the matching helmet/pants stripe.

After further review, I'm totally on board with the original colors/smaller fleur de lis/gold pants.

But.....do the Saints go white or black shoes?

Gold pants across the board. After seeing the "updates" and "modernizations" done by Atlanta, Arizona, Cincinnati, Minnesota etc., I shudder to think what the "New and Improved" Saints uniforms will look like. They have a great look but if current uniform change history is any indication they are about to :censored: it up in a big way.

BB52Big.jpg

Gold pants across the board. After seeing the "updates" and "modernizations" done by Atlanta, Arizona, Cincinnati, Minnesota etc., I shudder to think what the "New and Improved" Saints uniforms will look like. They have a great look but if current uniform change history is any indication they are about to :censored: it up in a big way.

Actually the early word is that they're going for a more retro look. That's from another thread on this board, posted by someone who supposedly has the scoop. There's also the unexplained box on their website (shown below) with the late 60's "shield" logo and text saying "The shield is back." Clicking on it just takes you back to the home page so I have no idea what it means or if it's related to the new uni design.

shield_logo.gif

Actually the early word is that they're going for a more retro look. That's from another thread on this board, posted by someone who supposedly has the scoop. There's also the unexplained box on their website (shown below) with the late 60's "shield" logo and text saying "The shield is back." Clicking on it just takes you back to the home page so I have no idea what it means or if it's related to the new uni design.

shield_logo.gif

We can only hope. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived