thrift store gems '07

Discrim

^^^^^^^

Not that anyone cares, but that's Craig Levie of the Winnipeg Jets trying to stop Tiger from doing whatever it is he's doing.

Craig Levie, one career goal as a Jet. Thanks, Craig.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... this really isn't a "Thrift Store Gem" but still a gem none the less. I picked up a 1980's, heavy duty, large perforation mesh jersey with the one and only (and very very uncommon) Pelle Lindbergh on the back. So it was not a bargain at $40... but still a pretty cool find none the less.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• 2 weeks later...

A few of my recent finds at the Murfreesboro, TN Goodwill. Pardon the huge pics.

(BTW, these are the ones I didn't buy.)

Edit: Now my pics won't show up.

Michigan State full-button-up gray "baseball" styled shirt with logos at the left chest.

Goodlettsville Padres script on a gold 2-button jersey top, number 13...colors of gold and black (think Vandy).

1996 NCAA Champions Kentucky Wildcats cap.

Black cap with yellow pinstries, but no sports logos. Still, looks cool.

And the best find of all...

Authentic Orlando Solar Bears white youth jersey, complete with teal paw print patches on the shoulders.

Oh, to be a child again...I so would have spent the $5 on this.

Pics of the stuff I actually got are coming in due time.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Today I picked up an Angels spring training 07' jersey for $10 at a Marshall's in Beverly Hills. I also found a Jets white Santana Moss jersey, didn't get that one though.

I've noticed that Love's truck stops in Arizona and California are carrying NBA or NFL jerseys (depending on which one you hit I guess). Some look like they are rejects, but some are of interesting quality. I found a replica Indiana Pacers jersey from the early 80s of Reggie Miller at a Love's near Gila Bend, AZ back in April. Just a couple of days ago I found a Joe Jurevicius Browns jersey and a Colts jersey without the sleeve numbers (I believe the player was Manning, but no definite on that one). The ones I've seen run around $20.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

Today I picked up an Angels spring training 07' jersey for $10 at a Marshall's in Beverly Hills. I also found a Jets white Santana Moss jersey, didn't get that one though.

I've noticed that Love's truck stops in Arizona and California are carrying NBA or NFL jerseys (depending on which one you hit I guess). Some look like they are rejects, but some are of interesting quality. I found a replica Indiana Pacers jersey from the early 80s of Reggie Miller at a Love's near Gila Bend, AZ back in April. Just a couple of days ago I found a Joe Jurevicius Browns jersey and a Colts jersey without the sleeve numbers (I believe the player was Manning, but no definite on that one). The ones I've seen run around $20.

They have 'em here too. The ones here had NBA jerseys - most were replicas, but there was also a Stephon Marbury Knicks swingman and a blank authentic Kings gold alternate ... should have picked that one up.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I stumbled upon a Curtis Martin jersey for 7 bucks at a Champs last week...not a thrift store, but still a gem...new to boot....

As for a couple of weeks ago--

How about a Boomer Esiason green Jets jersey--yeah--this actually happened.

And I had a friend pick up a black Cincy Ki-Jana Carter...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Not really a thrift store gem, but Summer 1992. I was about to enter my junior year of HS. Went to school on Long Island. A friend was on vacation in Pennsylvania and happened to go into the Champion outlet in Lancaster, I believe. Champion made our football jerseys. He was looking through a big box of shirts that were on sale for $3. All of a sudden he finds one of our jerseys. The same color, the same sleeve logos, the school nickname across the front just like we had, and the name of one of our players. No Numbers. So, he bought it and gave it to him. We were never able to figure out why the jersey went into the reject bin. The font was right, it was properly centered, the sleeve logos were correct. There were no smudges or other anything else that caused the jersey to look messed up.

blank authentic Kings gold alternate ... should have picked that one up.

I got ones of those on sale at the Reebok outlet for about 20 bucks, but with Bibby 10 on the back.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Yeah when we were moving, we stopped at a Love's in like Nebraska or Wyoming and they had a ton of NFL jerseys but most of them had stains or some other defect.

kylekorversig1if2.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally, my turn.

Tonight at Savers, I got a Bauer Minnesota Moose white home jersey, with the proper pointed shoulders like the Panthers and "modern" Penguins jerseys first had (the Starter Moose jerseys had incorrect rounded shoulders), for $12.99 with not a single sign of defects or stains anywhere.

Hoo yea!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I gotta get in on this...

There's a vintage clothing shop in Covent Garden, London, that I've found some gems in. They usually have racks of jerseys, last time there were a ton of game-used late 80's NBA shorts.

Some of my finds:

'89-'90 Sand Knit Timberwolves home game jersey, blank. £5.

Winnipeg Jets jacket, c. mid-80's. Bought for £10, sold on ebay for £85.

Authentic Canadiens road jersey. Had some pulls where the name, number and fight strap had been removed. £8.

And my pride & joy as a lifelong Hornets fan, '96-'97 home Glen Rice authentic and '97-'98 Dell Curry road authentic. Got the pair for £20...

I've also just bought a Sand Knit road Sixers jersey on ebay for something like £10 shipped.

Thread resurrect!

Not a thirft store, but I recently eBayed me one of these beauties...

6370970p282988reg-resized200.jpg

For $10, shipped.

....but it's too big :(

That's a problem with all XFL jerseys - Champion made 'em frickin' huge because, you know, the kids, they love the baggy jerseys. I normally wear a 48/Large for football replicas, including Champion. For XFL jerseys, a 40 fits me perfectly. A 48 is a muumuu.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 1 month later...

Recent pickups at Savers.

A blue Chelsea FC jersey with Fly Emirates sponsorship XXL in perfect shape from somewhere between 2001 and 2005 - $3.99

A Real Madrid all black XL jersey with Siemens Mobile sponsorship and a 2002 centennial logo embroidery in perfect shape - $2.99

A current Minnesota Twins replica XL in perfect shape for $19.99 that retails for $80 that I'm going to make into a Puckett 1991 World Series jersey.

and a Chris Carter Vikings XL jersey in perfect shape for $7.99 to replace the Randy Moss jersey I probably never should have bought.

I put that at about $35 spent for about $300 retail

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived