College hockey teams to sport Nike swift jerseys this weekend

cardinal0512

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the article:

A culmination of more than three years of research, testing and feedback from some of the world's greatest hockey players, the Nike Swift Hockey Jersey reduces overall uniform weight, adds increased mobility and comfort while making the jersey aerodynamically the most advanced in the world.

That's all fine, but why must they have the vertical stripes?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

From the article:

A culmination of more than three years of research, testing and feedback from some of the world's greatest hockey players, the Nike Swift Hockey Jersey reduces overall uniform weight, adds increased mobility and comfort while making the jersey aerodynamically the most advanced in the world.

That's all fine, but why must they have the vertical stripes?

It's bad enough they have to change the colour on each of the uniforms, as well as each team selfishly requiring their own logo on them.

You want a totally seperate designed uniform for each team as well?

Nike aren't a charity you know. :P

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

AwayJersey-s.jpgMaineSwift.jpg

This could be the greatest difference between what is cool and good and right with a hockey jersey and what is stupid, ugly and wrong with a Swift jersey.

The classic Maine jersey is an icon of college hockey and needs no improvement. To throw that away for a bland template jersey that looks no more than a practice jersey with some unexplainable stripey things here and there is a crime.

:cursing:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'll repeat what I posted elsewhere...

Maine should be in navy, and always in script. Never light blue.

UNH should be in navy, reading "UNH". Never in silver.

Neither should ever wear that stupid swift jersey, possibly the worst innovation in hockey since the introduction of Cooperalls.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's madding that Nike is slowly becoming the uniform supplier to more and more schools and teams and all they can provide is a stupid friggin template jersey which I think look like crap anyways. No individual team style anymore everything looks the same.

The template that Nike provides with college basketball Im willing to let slide if it wasnt for the fact that about 60 schools wear it.

The bib template in college football is trash and needs to go

But the worst of them all is this absolute and total s--- they are trying to force on hockey. I hit the roof when I saw how many countries were wearing these in the hockey tourney in the Olympics. But now they make their way to college hockey and they still suck.

I hope for the worst to the people at Nike that design, market and propagate this crap onto these schools and National programs.

If that is what we will have to deal with for the NHL teams, then I agree that look is crappy as is... bllahhh rather prefer to see unique NHL jerseys and more... than that template copying... I hated how the CFL teams looked in that template thing... ugh...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I'd be more okay with this if I could understand the reasoning behind the design changes. If they want to go with a "swift" jersey made out of wool, platinum, or uranium, I don't really care. But what is so goddamn hard about placing the same logo and stripe design the teams already have?

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Whats wrong with the swift jersey is that they are forcing one template onto everyone. If they took the time to include the classic designs for everyone into it, there would be a bit of difference in the reaction.

i cannot fathom why it's so hard to put horizontal striping on the jersey... sure, they say they're gonna be tucked in, but is it impossible to put them on the sleeves? really? is that so hard?

i definitely wouldnt be opposed to the slim fit thing if they just went a little out of thier way and made different designs. a 3 year old could do better than this.

qvAvG.jpg

Whats wrong with the swift jersey is that they are forcing one template onto everyone. If they took the time to include the classic designs for everyone into it, there would be a bit of difference in the reaction.

Exactly. If these offer better performance, they are going to stick around. Just like football losing it's sleeves (to their aesthetic detriment). But if the jerseys could just look like they used to, people would live with it.

Instead it appears that they are bent on having some "modern" jersey that :censored:s with tradition and sucks the uniqueness out of uniforms. The Maine jersey is a prime example of something that is being screwed with for the sake of screwing with it. The essence of that jersey could be preserved.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Exactly. If these offer better performance, they are going to stick around. Just like football losing it's sleeves (to their aesthetic detriment). But if the jerseys could just look like they used to, people would live with it.

Instead it appears that they are bent on having some "modern" jersey that :censored:s with tradition and sucks the uniqueness out of uniforms. The Maine jersey is a prime example of something that is being screwed with for the sake of screwing with it. The essence of that jersey could be preserved.

Thats exactly the problem I have with these Swift jerseys, Every team looks the same except for the logo in the front. Where is the fun in that if everyone looks the same? Now I am really worried this is a preview of what the NHL is going to look like next year, in which case, they won't see a penny from me for these things. :cursing:

Archived