AP on Titans uni combos

CubsFanBudMan

the yellow uniforms look better this year than last year. but i wish we would just dump them all together, we dont need 487651430965 uniform combinations including helmets socks and shoes... i love the greens and whites(minus the stupid diamond plating of course) mabye if the yellows were a once a year thing i could stand them more

that aside though, i think the university cares more about its uniforms and facilities than its teams...

BTW i live in corvallis :D

I'm sure this will make me sound like a U of O apologist, but why is it that people aren't all wound up about the Titans combos, yet it's wrong for the Ducks?

Because, no matter what combo the Ducks use, they have some of the worst uniforms in the history of sports.

Plus, their "innovations" have become a national joke that gets worse every year.

I thought there was a rule that a team could only have 2 different colors of pants? Did they just change this?

heh, a rule can't change unless it exists, and IIRC, said rule never has.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I never seem to get enough of talking about the Titans jerseys. As a Titans fan, I'm really getting sick of the Columbia tops--and before I get mauled for distancing myself from the Oiler roots, let me say why: the current alt jersey ISN'T a good homage to the Oilers. The navy shoulders just look goofy as hell. They stick out like a sore thumb.

If we're playing up the "Luv ya Blue" and white connection, I think we need to incorporate some red (which is a team color) into the look. Personally, I would love to see a columbia (excuse me, "Titan blue" :rolleyes: ) top with no other-color shoulders, but maybe some thin sleeve stripes and the logo on the shoulders, but the same fonts we're accustomed to. Pair that with white pants with updated striping and THAT'S a way to tribute our history with some Titans flare. Granted, I know it will never happen, but I liked the alts until I saw them on the field...and the smurf-ification this season ruined them for me.

After seeing the mockups, I adore the navy/columbia combo. That should be our primary home set forever and for always. The way the shoulders and pants match (or should, when/if the finally get their fabric dyes right)...just perfect. I think we should go navy/columbia at home, white/columbia road, and the Oilers-esque solid columbia top/white pants described above as an alt. That would be perfection--my rusted wheats.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived