Nashville Kats Concept

YELDARBfield

This is a concept I did for a league re-design on the Arena Football league's boards.

KatsReDesign.png

Now for some explanation. This is a sort of homage to the original Kats' 1997 uniforms using the new Kats' "Titan-esque" colours. I started by bringing back the silver helmet and the triple-striped sleeves. I pretty much substituted new navy for the old black and the new Oiler blue for the old royal on both the sleeve and helmet stripes. I then added my modified version of the Kats' underused alternate logo to the sleeves in a SF 49ers fashion. Then for the pant legs, I brought back the guitar neck pant stripes in a simplified form.

Now to thank some folks. I used eriqjaffe's Chicago Cubs numeral font and I sort of lifted OB33's template from his Nebraska football concept. Thanks, guys! (Hope they don't mind! :P )

So, thoughts?

Wow, that pants stripe is unbelievable; it fits in so well with the team but doesn't look ridiculous either. The rest of the concept is pretty clean and consistent. The colours are great, the stiping is simple and effective and the numbering is fantastic.

I would consider eliminiating the third set of pants and using the white for the alt. Those socks you use in your template look a lot like soccer or rugby socks as opposed to football socks. Maybe try extending the white part further up the sock.

sig.png

You brought back the guitar neck on the pants. Based on that alone, you are my hero. Upgrade all around on this one. The current Kats' uni is pretty much a mess, but seeing as how it's a Nike template, guess we'll have to wait and see what Russell comes up with for 'em.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived