Michigan-MSU Hockey

Michigan Dave

It's just annoying to me. Michigan is the Oregon of hockey- constantly changing. We used to have the script MICHIGAN on the maize, the block M on the white, and the arched MICHIGAN on the navy. Won a couple national titles, and then went to the block M on all 3, with thin stripes. Then, back to a modified version of the mid 90s uniforms. Then, they took the script and arched MICHIGAN off, and went with all 3 with block Ms. Then, this year, they debuted the maize jersey with the diagonal MICHIGAN. Now this.

Geez.

97-98:

wtzhkcturcolead010998.gif

jmkhkcturcospits012498.gif

mvmhkcturcoceleb040498.gif

98-02:

3cb3013f6bb9e-56-1.jpg

mvmhkcrominskiconsole.gif

ctd...

The jerseys themselve in this game don't look so bad. What looks bad however is that the teams have the exact same design. If ONE team decided to use this template, that would be cool and dandy in my books, but having EVERY damn team in the country using the same template is excessive.

03-04 thru present. We've changed mid year, too. The original redesigns had nave mesh on the sides, as well as block Ms in the side stripe. There was also no underline or outline on the script MICHIGAN in the maize. They changed in mid-season in 2003-04 to dazzle uniforms with the changes made. Then, the next year they changed to block Ms on all 3 sets. That stayed the same until this year, when we debuted the diagonal MICHIGAN as well as the swift unis. Ugh.

montoya_michigan_tall.jpg

montoya_michigan2004draft308x194.jpg

t_3fb9b28167801-3-1.jpg

390649.jpeg

sauermsu.jpg

It also looks as if #11 for the Spartans doesn't have a number. The "11" looks like Nike just slapped some more vertical stripes on his back and shoulders too.

Yes, in addition to disliking the vertical stripes, I hate the fact that all the teams I've seen so far have the same rounded, san-serif font in a single color. This further negates any differentiation between teams, which is what uniform design is all about IMHO.

I think Michigan looks pretty sweet. I normally hate the Nike swift jerseys and they looked ugly at the Olympics but I think that Michigan actually looks good in them. I think the idea of keeping the old socks is good. State on the other hand looks terrible, they have those ugly black pants and the colors don't work as well as the colors of Michigan.

I think Michigan looks pretty sweet. I normally hate the Nike swift jerseys and they looked ugly at the Olympics but I think that Michigan actually looks good in them. I think the idea of keeping the old socks is good. State on the other hand looks terrible, they have those ugly black pants and the colors don't work as well as the colors of Michigan.

I hate that Michigan and MSU basically have the same uniform. I also hate the black for MSU. They should use grey instead of black as an accent color. MSU had a "silver" uniform in 2004 for a UM-MSU game in Munn, and it was pretty cool. IMO, these are the best MSU unis:

RyanMillervNMU-s.jpg

Archived