Knight Passes Smith With 880th Victory

WJMorris3

In honour of his 880th victory. I threw my chair across the floor....

lmao :lol:

But yeah, congrats to Coach Knight. Good to see that since he left Indiana, he hasn't gone into bitter lossingness.

A true man of class who runs clean programs the way it oughta be. Bobby Knight truly the greatest most honest coach in NCAA history :notworthy:

Yeah other than choking, whipping, berating, smacking, kicking, intimidating, and threatening his players, telling women they should relax and enjoy being raped, treating anyone like :censored: who dared to question him, busting up telephones, tossing chairs, going ballastic at salad bars, screaming at students, and proving himself to be the world's worst ass hole, (and I'm sure I left more than a few things out) Knight is one of College Basketball's classiest coaches.

Nice job General. It couldn't have happened to a bigger jerk.

Yawn...:sleeping:

BB52Big.jpg

If all Coaches were like Knight the world would be a better place.

Not so sure about that, but it is strange how some say "Gee, this coach is great! I mean, look at all he has won!" whilst overlooking their various transgressions, lack of graduating students, etc.; whereas they vilify Knight and ignore all of his accomplishments on the court, as well as the fact he actually graduates his students. I guess NCAA violations and sanctions aren't as bad as bringing a whip to a press conference...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

If all Coaches were like Knight the world would be a better place.

If all NCAA coaches were like Knight the NAIA tournament would be the biggest thing going. I won't argue with Knight's success or his clean programs but at some point his other actions have to outweigh what he does on the court. Just as we can't turn our heads for a Bob Huggins as long as he's winning, we can't turn our heads for Bob Knight just because his players graduate. It works both ways. I don't think either of them are good for the sport.

BB52Big.jpg

Congratulations, you undisciplined, egotistical, hypocritical son-of-a-bitch.

I don't like his methods at all, but he runs cleans programs. He's a grade A bunghole who graduates players, wins, and it's funny that even with incessant media coverage, 40 years of coaching with 0 scandals (other than HIS behavior).

He's not a saint, he's not even a great man, but he is one hell of a basketball coach (though not the best, there were guys named Smith, Krzyzewski, and Wooden to name only a few that coach circles around Knight) and yes, he deserves this record.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Congratulations, you undisciplined, egotistical, hypocritical son-of-a-bitch.

I don't like his methods at all, but he runs cleans programs. He's a grade A bunghole who graduates players, wins, and it's funny that even with incessant media coverage, 40 years of coaching with 0 scandals (other than HIS behavior).

He's not a saint, he's not even a great man, but he is one hell of a basketball coach (though not the best, there were guys named Smith, Krzyzewski, and Wooden to name only a few that coach circles around Knight) and yes, he deserves this record.

Well, Knight coached Coach K and gave him his first coaching job. Mr. Krzyzewski had to learn from someone, didn't he?

Well, Knight coached Coach K and gave him his first coaching job. Mr. Krzyzewski had to learn from someone, didn't he?

Look, every coach had a first coaching job somewhere, even Robert Montgomery Knight. He was not birthed from the brain of Zeus as a full grown, scowling, despicable man with supreme knowledge of basketball. By the way, is Tates Locke a better coach than Bobby Knight because Knight had to learn from someone, too (Knight served on Locke's staff at the United States Military Academy)? Is Fred Taylor (Knight's college coach at THE Ohio State University)? Coach K is 59, Knight is 66. There is a difference of 7 years. It's not like Knight took K under his wing and was this father figure. Knight was VERY young coach when Krzyzewski came to West Point and even when Coach K served on Knight's staff for all of what, one season? One, coaches don't get jobs at that age in THIS era. Two, a year isn't enough time to learn everything there is to learn to become Lord High Commander of Basketball Knight is it? Please do not think that Knight taught Krzyzewski everything there is to know about the game of basketball. Coach K kinda deserves some of the credit here for his own success, don't ya think? Please do not think that somehow the fact that some bum coached you up means that you not only owe all of your success to him, but also he will always be a better coach that you.

Besides, what self respecting grown man goes by "Bobby" anyway? :P

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yeah, I have 2 comments:

1) You're off your rocker if you think Bobby Knight is a bastion of "true class and integrity." Great coach? Hell yeah. Great man? Hardly.

2) From the :censored: you've said, Bobby Knight sounds a lot like your dad, yet you don't celebrate your father's boorish behavior like that. Why not?

going ballastic at salad bars

The salad bar had it coming.

Friggin' vegetarians...

Nice. :D

My latest Blog

All Hail Bobby Knight

http://sportsecyclopedia.com/blog.html

Comments?

I have one comment. Well more like a question really... Since when are choking, whipping, berating, smacking, kicking, intimidating, and threatening his players, telling women they should relax and enjoy being raped, treating anyone like :censored: who dared to question him, busting up telephones, tossing chairs, going ballastic at salad bars, screaming at students etc., examples of "true class and integrity?"

Just wondering...

BB52Big.jpg

Archived