Deeeeetroit Lions

whitedawg22

So, given that Matt Millen will likely (we hope) be fired, what should the Lions do with the #2 overall pick in the draft? My personal opinion is that the Lions need a QB, OL help, and a DB, in that order. I think that JaMarcus Russell is the best QB in the draft, and I've heard reports that he could go anywhere from #1 to the middle of the first round. I'm rooting for the Lions to trade down to the appropriate spot, depending on where it looks like he'll go leading up to the draft, and take him.

However, I can't help but be a little worried that the Raiders (who need QB help even more desperately than the Lions) or some other team will take him at #1. Russell has great measurables, which probably means his stock will improve at the combine. If he doesn't, though, I would love it if the Lions could get Russell at #5 or below to avoid a signing bonus in the $20-30 million range. Thoughts?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I think they need a QB too. Kitna did a great job here in Cincinnati taking Carson Palmer under his wing and letting him learn from that. So if you draft a QB and he doesn't start right away don't be worried.

However, if the depth at the quarterback position is good(or any of the other needed positions) why not draft the one that has a lack of depth in the draft. Also, don't forfet about Free agency.

You can't go wrong with Calvin Johnson, the only way they can screw up by taking a receiver is if they take Jarrett over him...

Both are great picks, but Calvin Johnson has better size, speed and better playmaking ability.

You can't go wrong with Calvin Johnson, the only way they can screw up by taking a receiver is if they take Jarrett over him...

Both are great picks, but Calvin Johnson has better size, speed and better playmaking ability.

detroit doesn't need any more receivers though, especially ones with little nfl experience.

I say go with Jarrett. I mean, he is representing New Brunswick! :D But in all seriousness, I don't know who is better, Johnson or Jarrett. Both are immensly talented. I think it's a toss up.

-E.A.R.

Go figure - Detroit fans riot after winning championships. Rioting if Millen is brought back for another season, I could understand.

You must not be aware that there hasn't been an incident of note related to a Detroit championship in nearly 23 years, and that other cities such as Denver and Los Angeles have had ugly episodes in much more recent years. I'm not saying those should be constantly ridiculed either; but rather, why keep bringing up Detroit's one aberration 23 years ago when the city's won several championships since then with nothing but peaceful celebration?

Reported on a local Detroit News Station---- Millen will be back.

I'm not a Lions fan, but this pisses me off.

Oh well Detroit, get ready for an other overated reciever.

Im not either and it pisses me off also. How much no progress and voices of walking out fans and also first round wide reciever drafted by the Lions does it take for you to fire someone.

I say Calvin Johnson is the better receiver, because Jarett is going to be a problem off the field. About Millen coming back, I can't beleive it. Hey, we were going to fire you, but you won a game. Congratulations, you can keep your job. Wow, how stupid. I believe his best season was 6-10, but I could be wrong. I can't believe they have kept him this long, but another year? Wow.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Thank you Ford Family....not only do you allow a man with a 24-76 record under his belt; but by doing so, you stick it not only to the very intregrity of the sport of ootball, but perhaps every single hard-working man in America. People can bust their ass and get fired, yet Millen does a HORRIBLE JOB and still gets paid millions.

*sighs*

Still, another wide-receiver would just be moronic. For all the criticism and bashing the Detroit receiving corps has...it's not THAT bad. There is Furrey and Roy Wiliams when he's consistent. An offensive linemen like Joe Thomas would help in sheer consistency and structure, and they should just concentrate their defensive reconstruction in the free agent market.

GR30a5H.png

Can everyone stop talking about Johnson vs. Jarrett, please? On top of the news that Millen will be back, even thinking about drafting a receiver is making me want to cry.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I also heard about Millen coming back this for antoher year.

I'm about to get a new favorite NFL team. I'm really pissed.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Criiiiipes. Ford needs to sell the team so someone has the cajones to get rid of Millen.

As for the draft, I'm liking Joe Thomas(OL, Wisconsin) to don the honolulu blue.

What's the point of drafting an OL at #2 overall when you've got holes at nearly every position?

Ask how well that worked out for the Raiders a few years back.

Thank you Ford Family....not only do you allow a man with a 24-76 record under his belt; but by doing so, you stick it not only to the very intregrity of the sport of ootball, but perhaps every single hard-working man in America. People can bust their ass and get fired, yet Millen does a HORRIBLE JOB and still gets paid millions.

*sighs*

Still, another wide-receiver would just be moronic. For all the criticism and bashing the Detroit receiving corps has...it's not THAT bad. There is Furrey and Roy Wiliams when he's consistent. An offensive linemen like Joe Thomas would help in sheer consistency and structure, and they should just concentrate their defensive reconstruction in the free agent market.

Millen's record is 24-72...but yeah, they'll probably drop their first four games next year. :D

I know what's going to happen next season: The Lions will finish 5-11 or 6-10, Millen will babble about how the Lions are "turning the corner" and Ford will fall for it hook, line and sinker. Which means Millen will likely be back to further destroy this franchise in 2008.

As for the draft, the Lions need serious help with the offensive line, which means Millen will draft one of the following positions:

1. Wide Reciever

2. Quarterback

3. Wide Reciever

4. Place Kicker

We'll see which player gets drafted by the Lions/gets his career destroyed by this sorry franchise. Let's face it, the last pro football franchise Detroit had was the Michigan Panthers. :blink:

(and yes, I'm aware that the Lions had several mediocre seasons in the 1990s... <_< )

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Archived