Fictionville Aviators

Exit 9

It's been a while since I've posted. I've since moved from Seattle to Florida ... good to see everyone again.

I'm creating a fictional team for the web site services I do for hockey teams and I wanted to run it up the CCSLC flag pole to see what the opinions are. I left the color scheme to my wife and I came up with 'Aviators' after seeing what some of the original ideas reminded me of.

concept.gif

Let 'em fly ... (no pun intended)

It's been a while since I've posted. I've since moved from Seattle to Florida ... good to see everyone again.

I'm creating a fictional team for the web site services I do for hockey teams and I wanted to run it up the CCSLC flag pole to see what the opinions are. I left the color scheme to my wife and I came up with 'Aviators' after seeing what some of the original ideas reminded me of.

concept.gif

Let 'em fly ... (no pun intended)

I got one word for this....

wow!

:notworthy::wub:

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

It's cool but not accurate as to aviation. A prop on the type of plane depicted would be straight across. That type of "scythe" propeller wasn't invented until many years later. There is some curvature in the prop but not that you'd see in a head-on view.

F0124F1WS.jpg

I'd also add some machine guns above the nose like they had then to make it a little more menacing, though whether that would be appropriate given the level of gun violence around is up to you.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'll have to agree with the accuracy part of it ... the design is more conceptual. I curved the prop to give it more of a "spinning" look while still keeping the design simple. There are many aspects that could be added, but I like a simplistic, vintage style ... hence the basic 3-stripe jersey.

Archived