Milwaukee Brewers name & number font

Eye

I was comparing the Brewer's name and number font to Times New Roman. It looks like the Brewers base their font off of Times New Roman. Does anybody know if this is true because I don't particularly like their font and a different font (either a unique one or block) would look much better IMO.

-E.A.R.

It's Times New Roman, slightly modified & condensed.

Yes, it's very boring. It doesn't even really match the script at all.

If your uniform looks like it could have been set in Word® using the default fonts, then it's not good design.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I thought it WAS Times New Roman... I didn't even notice the tweeks.

But yea, I don't like it either. Like I said in another thread, I don't see what was so wrong with the unis they were wearing before. These scream "WE'RE SPONSORED BY MILLER" and reek of "sellout."

Here's to hoping the new ownership deads one of the last remnants of the Sleeze-ig era and comes up with something new.

brew.png

My favorite Brewers uniform was the last ball-in-glove version, with the tailed scripts. I'd like the hat to be solid blue with a yellow bill, though.

Having a little trouble starting a new post, is coming up with an error. But was wondering if anyone new what font Hawai'i's football team used on their jerseys, and if anyone has that font created. Also, where are the files of the created fonts for the leagues that were once posted on this site?

Having a little trouble starting a new post, is coming up with an error. But was wondering if anyone new what font Hawai'i's football team used on their jerseys, and if anyone has that font created. Also, where are the files of the created fonts for the leagues that were once posted on this site?

Hawai'i's number font is custom. I don't think there are any letters for that font, the teams seem to use standard block lettering for nameplates. The only other wordmark used is the school's name itself, which is its own separate font.

When in doubt: anything from the last fifteen years, other than block letters, is a custom font.

Actually, and I was thinking about this the other day, there aren't that many school that have their own custom font, or at least custom numbers.

Off the top of my head...

Boston College (font)

Florida (wordmark, numbers for basketball)

LSU (font for everything but football)

Hawai'i (custom numbers)

DePaul (font, cheapo freeware knockoff is "Demonized")

E. Carolina (font, but not used in football, cheapo freeware knockoff is "Pirate Keg")

Miami-FL (font)

Washington (font)

Akron (font)

Wisconsin (slightly modified version of Aachen Bold)

Oklahoma State (font)

Northeastern (font, numbers are used in hockey)

Florida State (numbers)

Louisiana-Lafayette (font)

There are probably others, but many fonts that seem custom are just fonts not normally associated with athletics, like Arizona, Oregon, West Virginia, Maryland and Texas Tech, for example.

This concludes your free typography lesson for today.

:)

Archived