NFL Wild Card Preview

NJTank

Quick name the last team to beat the Patriots twice in a season including the playoffs.

Umm, that would be the 2005 Denver Broncos, the last time the Patriots were in the playoffs, so yea, I don't think that was THAT long ago my friend.

Yeah I was just typing the exact same thing lol

Well I forgot they played in 2005 regular season any way do you think the Jets have a chance?

Yeah I definitely think the Jets have a chance. Anyone who's beaten the Pats in Foxboro in the same season has a chance to beat them in the playoffs. I also remember, however, that the Jets game came immediately after the loss to the Colts, which completely deflated the team. It's a cliche to say it, but the Pats are in a playoff mindset now. The Jets will have to play their best game of the year to win on Sunday. Their key to victory? Pressure Tom Brady. If you can break through the Pats' O-Line and get consistent pressure on Brady, it'll screw up New England's entire offense. It's been the key to the Pats' 4 losses this season -- you pressure Brady, you kill the offense, you put the New England defense up against the wall with the entire game on their shoulders.

The Chiefs could win, but they need a career game from L.J. and Bennett needs to be able to fill the hole in the running game when L.J. is out, plus the defense needs to step up. Green knows he needs to prepare and step it up tomorrow with NO interceptions. If there's the slightest inconsistency in the offense, they're going to be outscored like in the 2003 season (Holmes fumbled deep in Colts territory, Chiefs lose by 7). Which is why I can understand anyone picking the Colts. It will be a tough game.

I agree with everything except the Eagles-Giants prediction. The way both teams are playing now, I doubt the Giants have a chance, and that Coughlin is gone after the loss.

philly.png

The Seahawks are missing BOTH of their starting cornerbacks for this week's game versus Dallas' receivers Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn, so I'm thinking we'll see more points scored by Dallas, although I think Seattle will pull it out.

I agree with one pick, and one pick only - Patriots over Jets.

LJ is going to run for 400 yards against the Colts; as pathetic as the Cowboys have been, the Seahawks have been worse; and the Eagles are the best of the NFC playoff teams, there's no way they're losing to the Giants.

Save the slugalo.

Archived