Big Unit back to AZ

Squeaks4

Story.

I am surprised this hasn't been brought up yet. While I am happy to see the 'Big Unit' back in AZ, I am a little hesitant. He did pretty much zero in NY and I feel the days of him being World Series Co-MVP are long over. I am also not happy we got rid of Jackson.

What does everyone else think?

PopHeading-1.gif

I don't know if he's done or not but going back to the the NL with weak ass lineups will help. I think his problems in New York were part his age and the fact he was pitching in the AL with deeper lineups which is more exhausting. I pray the Yankees won't sign Clemens because it will be the exact same mess. Just because you can pitch over 40 in the NL doesn't mean you can do it the AL.

As a Yankee fan, I'm happy they traded him...I wouldnt say it was mistake to get hime because every Yankee fan wanted him, Randy just falls in that catigory of top superstars who can't play in New York. With the trade, Yankees still have a good rotation, (Wang, Mussina, Pettitte, Iguwa, ???-Clemens-???) This trade also frees up money for Roger. You wasn't getting 20 wins from Randy. Good Trade.

The "unit" is now nothing more than a rag arm with back trouble. That back trouble will spread to his neck from all the quick turns he'll be making watching balls rocket out of the park. He needed to hang 'em up about two years ago. All he's doing now is tarnishing his reputation...and cashing very large paychecks which I suppose was the point.

Maybe Johnson should have tried to be more like Clemens and gone on the 'roids about 10 years ago. Imagine if he had.

BB52Big.jpg

As a Yankee fan, I'm happy they traded him...I wouldnt say it was mistake to get hime because every Yankee fan wanted him, Randy just falls in that catigory of top superstars who can't play in New York. With the trade, Yankees still have a good rotation, (Wang, Mussina, Pettitte, Iguwa, ???-Clemens-???) This trade also frees up money for Roger. You wasn't getting 20 wins from Randy. Good Trade.

I wouldn't say he couldn't handle New York as much as he was a 40 year old pitcher in the American League. If the bring back Clemens he's going to have about the same performance as Johnson did. A 40 year can't handle the amount of labor it takes to pitch in the AL, you aren't facing a crap hitter and then the pitcher at the bottom of the order.

Well remember the cameraman incident it was a bad mix from day one.

There was that one incident and pretty much nothing else. It's not like he had anything near the A-Rod pressure put on him. He was a 40+ year old with a bad back and pitching in the deep American League. I think it's obvious that was the problem and not an inability to handle pitching in New York. He's not pitching well for any AL team.

Archived