Pretty Cool Logos

random_ax

The top one actually shows some potential. If it were slightly more simplified and possibly a bit less drastic as far as contrast, it might work. Terror Birds, however, has got to go...what a terrible name.

It's a niggling point, but pterodactyls were not birds. They were flying reptiles.

No, you're right.... a Terror Bird was actually one like in this pic below. Tucson Pterodactyls would be a tad cumbersome...... the name is okay but you're right that it's inaccurate. Oddly, a Raptor simply means bird-of-prey (eagles,,owls,falcons,condors,kestrels etc) ...the film JURRASSIC PARK popularized the Velociraptor dinosaurs. I doubt that the Raptor logo in Toronto would've existed if the film had not introduced the creature to the public. I guess Tuscon Raptors would have been as accurate as Terror Birds.

evi_phorusrhacos_large.jpg

So which half-assed indoor football league is this for? And when will they be folding?

AAA Pro Football League

I don't think the Terror Birds logo is the best I've ever seen. But the artist was given the name of the team and the concept of the pterodactyl..... would be interesting to see the designs from our creative members here if given those two parameters. For a semipro team, it's not that bad. For a pro team..even Arena League, sure it would be average. Here's the url so you can see the other teams in that league

http://www.logoserver.com/AAAPFL.html

[

I'm impressed by the creativity and design.

Is this one of those "Bad meaning good" situations?

They're okay, but not great. The name is silly, and as for the design, the primary logo is almost unrecognizable for what it's supposed to be.

I can't agree.... while you might not like the name or design...I think it was obvious it was some sort of Pterosaur (flying lizard)...either a pterodactyl or a pteranodon. Tucson Pterosaurs or Tucson Pterodactyls just wouldn't have flown (pardon the pun). Tucson Flying Lizards?

TusconTerrorBirds.GIF

AAA Pro Football League

I don't think the Terror Birds logo is the best I've ever seen. But the artist was given the name of the team and the concept of the pterodactyl..... would be interesting to see the designs from our creative members here if given those two parameters. For a semipro team, it's not that bad. For a pro team..even Arena League, sure it would be average. Here's the url so you can see the other teams in that league

I noticed one of the other teams in the league is called the Las Vegas Gladiators. Nice of them to blatantly rip off the identity (and even the color scheme!) of Vegas's Arena Football League team...

CCSLC signature.png

AAA Pro Football League

I noticed one of the other teams in the league is called the Las Vegas Gladiators. Nice of them to blatantly rip off the identity (and even the color scheme!) of Vegas's Arena Football League team...

I'm not sure who was around first. The AFL's Vegas Gladiators were the NJ Gladiators from 2001 to 2002 and arrived in LV in 2003. Perhaps the semipro team emulated them...but it's possible the Semipro team preceded the AFL team in both name and color scheme. I don't know.

They're okay, but not great. The name is silly, and as for the design, the primary logo is almost unrecognizable for what it's supposed to be.

I can't agree.... while you might not like the name or design...I think it was obvious it was some sort of Pterosaur (flying lizard)...either a pterodactyl or a pteranodon. Tucson Pterosaurs or Tucson Pterodactyls just wouldn't have flown (pardon the pun). Tucson Flying Lizards?

TusconTerrorBirds.GIF

Nope. Too many black lines, too unbalanced. The motion is all over the place, and without knowing that it was a pterosaur, without the workmark, you wouldn't know what it was supposed to be.

TusconTerrorBirds.GIF

Nope. Too many black lines, too unbalanced. The motion is all over the place, and without knowing that it was a pterosaur, without the workmark, you wouldn't know what it was supposed to be.

So, you couldn't tell by the pic that it was a pterosaur? How did the inaccurate term "terror birds" tell you it was a pterosaur? Did you think it was a gold finch with a brain tumor?

• LMU locked this topic

Archived