Dallas Cowboys

bterreson

Why the need for all these shades? Why not just go with a Dark Blue and Silver/Grey?

Apparently it's because Jerry Jones is colour blind, and never noticed it before someone told him. Rebook has approached him a few times with ideas to standardize the colours, but seeing as JJ can't see the problem, he isn't inclined to fix it.

And the blue on their helmet doesn't match the blue on their jerseys. Go figure.

Well, the Blue on the helmet DOES match the Navy Blue on the road jerseys...if that helps...

For the few games in the season where they actually wear it, I guess. ^_^

Why the need for all these shades? Why not just go with a Dark Blue and Silver/Grey?

Because that would make complete and absolute sense! We can't have any of that going around. :D

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Here's some more information. I've got a whole stack of official NFL Licensee letters, and one of them - dated September 25, 1996 - outlines a ton of Pantone changes for teams, and addresses the Cowboys' colors. Here's what is stated:

There has been a wide range of Dallas' "Cowboy Blue" for many years. In many cases, the color has been deep royal, yet the star has been navy. The team has implored us to use blue - XXX, pantone textile XX-XXXX, as the primary color.

In addition, the blue color on the white jersey has never been referenced. This color will now be in the Style Guide as Royal XXX (pantone textile XX-XXXX), as referenced above.

I don't know why, but I love findin' this crap.

Here's some more information. I've got a whole stack of official NFL Licensee letters, and one of them - dated September 25, 1996 - outlines a ton of Pantone changes for teams, and addresses the Cowboys' colors. Here's what is stated:

There has been a wide range of Dallas' "Cowboy Blue" for many years. In many cases, the color has been deep royal, yet the star has been navy. The team has implored us to use blue - XXX, pantone textile XX-XXXX, as the primary color.

In addition, the blue color on the white jersey has never been referenced. This color will now be in the Style Guide as Royal XXX (pantone textile XX-XXXX), as referenced above.

I don't know why, but I love findin' this crap.

Get OUT!! XXX AND XX-XXXX!!

With all those XXXs uncovered, I can sleep soundly tonight! :P

Seriously though, PANTONE, does the letter really refer to these colors as Xs?

Get OUT!! XXX AND XX-XXXX!!

With all those XXXs uncovered, I can sleep soundly tonight! :P

Seriously though, PANTONE, does the letter really refer to these colors as Xs?

No, they list the Pantone colors.

You know me...always afraid of Jimmy The Weasel coming to my door with a baseball bat...

^_^

• LMU locked this topic

Archived