2007 New Orleans Saints Uniform Conept

scottysprings

After reading this thread on the planned New Orleans Saints 2007 uniform redesign, I decided to give my shot at a redesign based on the criteria given in the three page sponsor release (given in thread). This is also my first time trying to use a professional looking design template. Check it out. Comments and criticism are very welcome...

NewOrleansSaints2007Conceptcopy.png

1. A gold alternate

2. Black verison of the helmet

3. Increased logo size on the helmet

4. Gold numerals on the away jersey (which would be there home if kept the same)

5. New font / numbers ( I hope they don't got curved like other teams )

6. Removal of the helmet stripe and pants stripe which I was told would carry the ''state logo'' that they are currently wearing as a patch. They did this in the 90's so I guess that would be part of their back to the past look that there going for

That's what I would do as the uniform decision maker but I got the impression from the thread that the Louisiana logo was to be placed on the helmet.

The state logo makes a poor helmet logo because it can't be reversed, as you unintentionally proved with the way you displayed your alt. helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1. A gold alternate

2. Black verison of the helmet

3. Increased logo size on the helmet

4. Gold numerals on the away jersey (which would be there home if kept the same)

5. New font / numbers ( I hope they don't got curved like other teams )

6. Removal of the helmet stripe and pants stripe which I was told would carry the ''state logo'' that they are currently wearing as a patch. They did this in the 90's so I guess that would be part of their back to the past look that there going for

That's what I would do as the uniform decision maker but I got the impression from the thread that the Louisiana logo was to be placed on the helmet.

try reading it as "removal of the helmet stripe, and pants stripe. (the pants) I was told, would carry the state logo."

Cole is right. I think that's how you need to read this.

This is a decent mock-up, but you need to get the old helmet back on the helmet (but make it bigger than it is now) and throw the state logo on the hip of the pants.

Also, I expect a number font with a few more "frills" and some rounding (maybe something along the lines of the Eagles or Jaguars).

Here is the edited version. I changed almost everything mentioned save the numbers. It might be hard to tell but I used a rounded font for the numbers rather than the block they currently use. I think that block numbers would still look the best but if a change is necessary then I like the rounded block if that makes any sense.

NewOrleansSaints2007Conceptcopy-1.png

Archived