CONCEPT81: Throwback Saints 2007

bigdub81

I did something along the lines of this a while back but I was using the one square, one round shoulder template and it wasn't working for me! I did a little more research and decided to throw these out here for your viewing pleasure. I'm really feeling the all-white look for the saints and wouldn't mind seeing that as an option in the future. Many of you all know that I love traditional looks for teams so thinking as such for the Saints, and seeing that they are looking to go that route for '07, I did this concept trying to incorporate different features from years past. C&C as usual and thanks for checking out my post!

P.S. - I tried the black helmet / gold alternate / black pants idea but I'm not feeling it at all! It sounds good but 'Hell No'! The Saints, are a gold helmet team and should stay as such. Leave the ugly black helmets to Michael Dick....Oops! My bad! Michael Vick, and those dead birds in ATL!

CONCEPT81-Saints2007.jpg

Black Helmet Concept....

CONCEPT81-SaintsBlackHelmet.jpg

The Inspiration....

Photo-SaintsMock.jpg

Wow, yours looks really nice. You probably saw the one I put together based on your post. I couldn't get the sleeve striping right on mine but it looks really smooth on yours. One other thing I really like is the gold you used. What are the RGB values?

Wow, yours looks really nice. You probably saw the one I put together based on your post. I couldn't get the sleeve striping right on mine but it looks really smooth on yours. One other thing I really like is the gold you used. What are the RGB values?

Yeah you acutally beat me to the punch on that one! I was uploading my version to my photobucket album when I checked the forum and saw yours was posted. The color that I used I came up with something between what they use now and what they wore during the '94 throwback year. The values are as follow...

R 150

G 117

B 46

To the rest of ya'll that appreciate my work, thanks!

Here is the white jerseys with the gold numbers. I also reversed the pant stripe on the black set to look like the original set. And if you didn't realize I made the helmet logo larger because it's to damn small!

CONCEPT81-SaintsGoldNumbers.jpg

Here is the white jerseys with the gold numbers. I also reversed the pant stripe on the black set to look like the original set. And if you didn't realize I made the helmet logo larger because it's to damn small!

CONCEPT81-SaintsGoldNumbers.jpg

Wow!!!!

That looks awesome.

These look terrific, my only change would be a darker gold, more like the pic of Jim Everett in the '94 throwback.

Here ya' go...It might not be the best possible 'mustard' gold match but I like it, it could work

saintsoldgold2207black.png

CopyofCONCEPT81-SanitsOldGold.png

That latest set looks terrific. Didn't know you took requests! :D

One other very small point, it would be cool to have "New Orleans" on the away set but I guess the reason that's not done is it would look goofy if they decided to wear the road set at home.

They're supposedly going to do something with the "state" logo on the new set, I pray to God it's only a patch like on the '06 set 'cause I reeeeally don't like that logo on the sleeves or pants.

Thanks for the great work.

P.S. Noticed the pic of Tommy Myers #37 jersey. He was a great player and I 'almost' met him once. My family moved into an apartment he and his wife had lived in one season and had just vacated.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That latest set looks terrific. Didn't know you took requests!

Yep!

One other very small point, it would be cool to have "New Orleans" on the away set but I guess the reason that's not done is it would look goofy if they decided to wear the road set at home.

You guessed correctly!

They're supposedly going to do something with the "state" logo on the new set, I pray to God it's only a patch like on the '06 set 'cause I reeeeally don't like that logo on the sleeves or pants.

Me to! The other reasons I didn't use it was 1) It look's stupid on the hip unless the stripe is solid black which I never like cause' it doesn't match the helmet stripe and 2) I added a 'Saints' wordmark so it would really make no sense to put a patch next to it that had 'Saints' already in it just for the sake of having the state of Louisiana, on the damn jersey! And besides, I don't like teams that go overboard with having their logo on the helmet, sleeves and pants. I mean the helmet is enough unless your the Eagles or Rams, or what not that have unique helmet logos and secondary one's to go elsewhere! (Patriots, take note)

P.S. Noticed the pic of Tommy Myers #37 jersey. He was a great player and I 'almost' met him once. My family moved into an apartment he and his wife had lived in one season and had just vacated.

Yeah I found it while searching through the photo archive that the Saints, have on their website for their hall of fame. I knew that the Saints, wore white pants but I never knew that they had an all-white combo that they used to rock until I saw this pic. It's amazing how many damn stripe patterns the Saints, have gone through over 40 years and could never match them to a current look except for the '94 season. Now if we can only match those friggin' gold's!!!!

I did something along the lines of this a while back but I was using the one square, one round shoulder template and it wasn't working for me! I did a little more research and decided to throw these out here for your viewing pleasure. I'm really feeling the all-white look for the saints and wouldn't mind seeing that as an option in the future. Many of you all know that I love traditional looks for teams so thinking as such for the Saints, and seeing that they are looking to go that route for '07, I did this concept trying to incorporate different features from years past. C&C as usual and thanks for checking out my post!

P.S. - I tried the black helmet / gold alternate / black pants idea but I'm not feeling it at all! It sounds good but 'Hell No'! The Saints, are a gold helmet team and should stay as such. Leave the ugly black helmets to Michael Dick....Oops! My bad! Michael Vick, and those dead birds in ATL!

CONCEPT81-Saints2007.jpg

Yesyesyesyesyesyes!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived