Iron crossover xmas voting

Discrim

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JQK...

Everyone is welcome to their own opinion AND votes according to said opinion. Obviously, their are a number of people who have found nitroseed's entry to be the best of the nine submitted... myself included.

As for "how" people "can vote for Nitro's over Shiznit's", I didn't realize we were required to justify our choices. That said, I'm more than happy to share my rationale.

First, I found the overall layout and design of nitroseed's entry to be more visually appealing than shiznit's. I'll further admit that I'm not a big fan of the "bold stripe(s) down one side" approach that shiznit went with. That's just my opinion. Second, I felt that nitroseed's use of pinstripes on his home uniform hewed more closely to the actual baseball uniforms from which the crossover was being drawn... that appealed to me as well. Finally, I felt that of the submissions that included an alternate/throwback uniform, nitroseed's alt/throwback was the most distinctive from the home and road unis (color, design, etc.) while still being historically accurate.

Not to start a brouhaha or anything, but I question the propriety in your singling out nitroseed's entry for such pointed criticism in a "vote post". When last I checked, nitroseed's submission was not the only one that had been placed in front of shiznit's in someone's vote list. In addition to nitro's entry, submissions from joel_fiasco, snowcap, sabres, 49erfan and Evan have all been placed ahead of shiznit's in lists in which shiznit's entry has finished in the "Top 3". What's more, if I count correctly, shiznit failed to make the "Top 3" of at least 13 people who voted.

I don't point this out to denigrate shiznit or his entry, simply to illustrate that nitro's crossover wasn't the only one determined to be better than shiznit's by one or more voters. So why single out nitroseed's entry in the manner in which you did? As nitro's subsequent post reveals, he's obviously not getting bent out of shape over it. However, it does strike me as being a bit heavy-handed and petty.

Bottom line: If you're a fan of shiznit's entry, more power to you. Vote for it. Include a "way to go" (or some such superlative) in your vote list. I just don't think it's all that cool to take a shot at someone else's design ("I don't see how you can vote for Nitro's...") while you're at it. I guess that I just think it's one thing to critique a submission when the artist expressly asks for it, quite another to so blatantly - and, yes, somewhat dismissively - compare the submissions of two entries head-to-head like this.

Brian in Boston

Whoah! What an essay! Chillax there! Like nitro said, it's just a matter of opinion. So JQK liked shiznit's the best... so what? I think nitro's is the best... so what? Let the votes do the talking. Don't take it too seriously, eh? It'll keep your sanity.

Don't forget to smile  :)

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Guys, guys... the point I was making was to "chillax" and vote for the design that you like best.

I'm not questioning JQK's right to choose shiznit's design for his favorite. I'm not suggesting that JQK shouldn't vote for shiznit's design. I'm not saying that JQK shouldn't be shouting shiznit's praises to high heaven in his post. More power to him.

What I am saying is that I think it's a bit unfair of him to SINGLE OUT nitroseed's design for criticism/comparison. After all, nitro's design isn't the only one that has been voted into a slot higher than shiznit's within this thread. Frankly, I belive that it would be unfair of JQK to single out any one design for head-to-head comaprison with shiznit's. Why take a "swipe" at an individual's design? Perhaps I wouldn't think it was so bad if the statement was, " I don't see how you can vote for anybody's design but shiznit's."  I've just never seen that sort of "one vs. one" comment made in one of these threads before.

It's no big deal. It just ran a bit counter to the sort of behavior that I've personally witnessed in these "vote/poll" threads.

Brian in Boston

first of all, Merry Christmas to all...gotta say it was eventful.  So many pinstripes, so little time is what i'm saying at the moment, so without further ado here are the final standings:

9: vicfurth...poor guy, no votes at all

8: zer0dotcom...at least someone voted for him...1 point

7: the49erfan15...9 points in a tough field

6: Evan...12 points

5: Sabres7200...13 points

4: shiznit...18 points

and now the medal round...receiving the Bronze Candle, coming in with 20 points...joel_fiasco!

in second, with 23 points, the recipient of the Silver Mistletoe...snowcap30!!!

and the runaway winner, with 59 points...the winner of the Iron Crossover Christmas Battle and recipient of the Golden Santa Suit...the once and present champ...Nitroseed!!!!!

all hail nitro, he composed a concept, the people spoke, and the message was loud and clear, they want ya nitroseed!

*in stadium, crazed fans scream "Nitro!  Nitro!  Nitro!"*

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived