Chicago Slaughter unveils logo

creativelysain

"This Bat Was Made for Slaughter"

In one of their lesser-known vaudeville acts, Abbott & Costello did a bit about Enos Slaughter and Bob Feller. As they're walking through the Hall of Fame looking at different items, Abbott is telling Costello what each item is. It went something like this:

Abbott: "This is the hat Feller wears."

Costello: Which Feller?"

Abbott: "Why, the Feller that pitches for the Cleveland Indians..."

Costello: "Well of course a feller pitches. What are you sayin' girls pitch for Cleveland too?"

Abbott: "That's not what I meant by Feller."

Costello: "Well Abbot there are 24 fellers on the Indians. Which feller are you talkin' about!?"

And so on until ...

Costello: "Hey Abbot, this here is a huge baseball bat. Who swung that piece of lumber?"

Abbott: "This bat was made for Slaughter."

Costello: "Ain't ya got one that was made for baseball?"

Abbott: "No, when I say Slaughter, I mean Slaughter, the baseball player."

Costello: "Slaughter the baseball player? With that bat ya could slaughter anyone ya wanted to!"

Abbot: No! I mean Enos Slaughter of the St. Louis Cardinals! Everyone knows Slaughter.... Enos Slaughter?"

Costello: "Well maybe he knows Slaughter, but I don't!"

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Maybe I'm looking too hard, but is there a resemblance here? Same shape?

The coach is Steve McMichael, and William Perry is the Dir. of Football Operations. You think he Bears staffing theme went throughout the logo as well?

chicago_bears.jpg

Logogif.gif

So, they're being coached by the WCW flunkie?

Around Chicago he's more known for this:

SteveMcMichael2.jpg

than this:

mcmichael2.jpg

Of course that is other than repeatedly reminding Chicago fans that he "lead the team in fumbled recovered (or something obscure)" on a weekly basis and generally being annoying on the radio.

Neat logo. I like it, actually. As said, there's not a lot you can do with the name "slaughter."

Good name for the team as well, especially given the morbid, disturbing history the name comes from.

Everything about this package, so far, screams "major league" to me. Too bad it's not.

Not big on that name, but at least it has a historical connection which I like.

I would have went with Mobsters(IE mobsters of the midway and Chicago organized crime history)

Or Black Bears, Polar Bears, Polars(with Bear logo) questionable if Bears would have went over without a complaint from NFL.

Or Cabbies, Centurians, Romans, Legions,(they are all driven in some way)

• LMU locked this topic

Archived