NFL Hall of Fame Finalists

NJTank

The NFL announced its finalist for the Hall of Fame class of 07 that will be announced 2/3/07.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation...t?event_id=2738

Comments?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

My Choices

Richard Dent, DE -- Bears (1983-93, 1995), 49ers (1994), Colts (1996), Eagles (1997)

Michael Irvin, WR -- Cowboys (1988-99)

Bob Kuechenberg, G -- Dolphins (1970-84)

Art Monk, WR -- Redskins (1980-93), Jets (1994), Eagles (1995)

Paul Tagliabue, NFL Commissioner (1989-2006)

Derrick Thomas, LB -- Chiefs (1989-99)

Thurman Thomas, RB -- Bills (1988-99), Dolphins (2000)

As for Ray Guy please please please don't ever put a Punter in the Hall of Fame, it will be a joke and a travishammockery.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hate when people who don't play or haven't played pro or even major college football start on that punters/kickers "aren't real football players" bull:censored:. Simply, if they have a position, they should have a place in the Hall of Fame.

If they aren't real football players, then what the hell are they doing on the field? Playing tiddlywinks?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

As for Ray Guy please please please don't ever put a Punter in the Hall of Fame, it will be a joke and a travishammockery.

Then whats the point of having punters? Are they not football players too? When you look at it (not trying to take anything away from Tagliabue) Ray Guy, sure he's a punter, but without punters, you cant win the field position battle, and a punter is an actual FOOTBALL PLAYER, as opposed to the commissioner, who is just the CEO of the business.

Seriously I hate it when people dont give the kicker/punter any respect, without a good punter, the opposing team would be starting from the opponents 45 all the time.

Seriously tank, you should think about what you said.

Ray Guy

Art Monk

Andre Reed

Thurman Thomas

Derrick Thomas

Steve Tasker!

But mostly, Ray Guy. Punters are important.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Then whats the point of having punters? Are they not football players too? When you look at it (not trying to take anything away from Tagliabue) Ray Guy, sure he's a punter, but without punters, you cant win the field position battle, and a punter is an actual FOOTBALL PLAYER, as opposed to the commissioner, who is just the CEO of the business.

Seriously I hate it when people dont give the kicker/punter any respect, without a good punter, the opposing team would be starting from the opponents 45 all the time.

Seriously tank, you should think about what you said.

The emphasis there, The Nation, is on FOOT. :)

I saw, I came, I left.

Im sorry I dont buy Punters for the Hall, and nobody else does either or Guy would have been in a long time ago and so would Reggie Roby.

If you don't put punters in the hall, stop calling if FOOTball for chrissakes.

Ray Guy

Richard Dent

Brian Matthews

Derrick Thomas

MAYBE Tagliabue

Then again, what do I know?

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

and don't forget that Ray Guy pretty much revolutionized the position, basically inventing the term "hang time" when put in a football context. other teams knew that they had virtually no chance of any type of return when Guy was punting.

oh yeah, my votes would be for:

ray guy

paul tagliabue

art monk

derrick thomas

richard dent

michael irvin

The sports talk radio in Minnesota is absolutely pissing themselves in anger over the fact 12 time Pro Bowler Randall McDaniel isn't even on the final list.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived