Costacos Brothers Posters

leedsunited

You know these posters. Football, Baseball, Basketball players of the era in some crazy setup, usually depicting their nickname?

They did the famous Bash Brothers poster for Canseco/McGwire, and many others. I was just trying to remember the most obscure one i've ever seen, I think it was a Kevin McReynolds "Stickball" poster.

I was waiting for somebody to mention Costacos Bros. after seeing the previous poster thread. I had a Pat Falloon (there's a name from the past, eh?) "Shark Attack" poster and a Steve Yzerman poster in my room when I was a kid.

QPR%20Sig.png

I was thinking a few years earlier, like the "Wizard of Boz" posters. But yeah, used to see thise in all the sports bars, etc.

How's this for an obscure one?

hostetler94cos-1.jpg

I was thinking a few years earlier, like the "Wizard of Boz" posters. But yeah, used to see thise in all the sports bars, etc.

How's this for an obscure one?

hostetler94cos-1.jpg

46dc_1.JPG

A friend of mine start working for them in the late 90's. He used to send me small samples on and off. They had some good ones...Gabriel Reese had a good series of posters from them at one point.

My favorite...emartinez99cos-1.jpg

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I had a ton of these, my favorite one was the Ken Griffey Sr and Jr poster when they were both hanging out in front of their lockers.

Another cool one (and this actually may have been Nike) but it was of Bo Jackson and it was simply called "Black and Blue."

A buddy had one of Roger Clemens where he was looking to the catcher for a sign and he had a baseball that had a rocket protruding from the ball. It was simply dubbed "The Rocket".

Good thread.

I had a ton of these, my favorite one was the Ken Griffey Sr and Jr poster when they were both hanging out in front of their lockers.

Another cool one (and this actually may have been Nike) but it was of Bo Jackson and it was simply called "Black and Blue."

A buddy had one of Roger Clemens where he was looking to the catcher for a sign and he had a baseball that had a rocket protruding from the ball. It was simply dubbed "The Rocket".

Good thread.

Are you me? I had the same Griffey and Bo posters on my wall, right next to each other.

Worst one I ever saw was a Brett Hull and Adam Oates poster they were dressed like "rockers" holding their sticks like guitars and the caption was Hull and Oates. Trying to cash in on the Band Hall and Oates.

Cant find a pic of the poster. Would post it if i could, I was embarrassed looking at the damn thing!

Hopefully somebody can find and post it.

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Good thread.

Are you me? I had the same Griffey and Bo posters on my wall, right next to each other.

He's not you, but it's 1990 calling! I think these were must-haves in every college dorm room/apartment/etc. at that time!

Actually my brother had the Griffey one and I had the Bo one. My brother, who is about four years younger than me, used to say, "I wonder if those are their real lockers?"

griffeyfathersonpostersig.jpeg

Actually my brother had the Griffey one and I had the Bo one. My brother, who is about four years younger than me, used to say, "I wonder if those are their real lockers?"

Looking at that Griffey poster makes me really miss the old Reds pullovers.

Anyway, I always thought this one rocked:

1717_1_b.JPG

Archived