My superbowl prediction!

Saintsfan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry but this Packers LOVE FEST is obnoxious. Let's see if Holmgren can somehow get his guys to win on the road.

There's a reason for this Packers' "LOVE FEST". This isn't some random occurance. DID YOU SEE THEM PLAY THESE PAST 2 WEEKS? I am not a fan of the Packers at all, but you just have to admit they're playing really well. Denver is no cupcake.

Sorry I understand what you wean. But the playoffs are a whole different beast. I don't think Green Bay is good enough to win it all. They could win the NFC, just about anyone in the NFC could go. But i don't see GB beating New England, KC, or Tennessee. On another topic, wouldn't the press love it if New England and Dallas met in the Super Bowl.

"Of course that's just my opinion I could be wrong."

The more I think about this the more I think maybe fate is on Green Bay's side. I am sticking to my predictions but they qualify for the playoffs via a final play in a game they aren't involved in, the star qbs dad dies 2 weeks before the playoffs begin, the stories write themselves!

Post 1000!!!! wohooo

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The more I think about this the more I think maybe fate is on Green Bay's side. I am sticking to my predictions but they qualify for the playoffs via a final play in a game they aren't involved in, the star qbs dad dies 2 weeks before the playoffs begin, the stories write themselves!

Post 1000!!!! wohooo

I don't see fate doing that...fate may give them one heck of a year, but fate won't give them the SB...

The Cardinals would have won the 2002 World Series if fate did that...they came close, but in the end they couldn't over come all the injuries and adversity they faced...was a heck of a year though...

Post 1000!!!! wohooo

I don't see fate doing that...fate may give them one heck of a year, but fate won't give them the SB...

The Cardinals would have won the 2002 World Series if fate did that...they came close, but in the end they couldn't over come all the injuries and adversity they faced...was a heck of a year though...

A lot of times fate plays trricks on the sports fan. Maybe this is one of those times, but maybe just maybe the story is written already!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

That's great, a really clever gesture on the part of Green Bay, however in a town as football savvy as GB, why is the guy that actually had to throw Poole the ball getting left out of the festivities? You'd think they'd honor both ends of the TD transaction.

Josh McCown http://azcardinals.com/team/playerdetails.php?pid=114

Great job on that play. It was 4th down and the clock was ticking. So he could not just force it to stop the clock, amazing!

I saw, I came, I left.

I picked the Packers to make it to the SB not because of any emotional crap. I picked them because i think they have the hot hand, and they just feel like the right team to pick. So fu*k off.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i must also say that this Packers lovefest is horribly uncalled for. They beat a Broncos team who rested their 4 best offensive players and had Jarious Jackson at QB.... while only playing their starting D a portion of the game. The Broncos never at any point in that game looked like they were actually putting forth the effort that had gone into past weeks.

And the 'Brett Favre has played amazing' thing that everyone is on is obsurd. He threw for 116 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT against the Broncos. That is far from amazing.

The Patriots have beat good teams at times when the other team was in a slump or playing in conditions they play poorly in. They beat the Eagles when they were playing horrible football... they beat two warm weather teams in the snow, and not even all too convincingly (12 points). If Quincy Carter doesn't make a few unforced mistakes, Cowboys can win that game. And they beat Denver when Danny Kannell was at Quarterback. Danny Kannell ain't exactly Jake Plummer. And they came within one bad play by Deltha O'Neal away from losing THAT game too.

Oh and I suppose Dallas was a cupcake?  Tennessee was playing their best ball when the Pats beat them and so was Indy.  And do you know why Carter made those mistakes?  Because of good game planning and schemes.  So when a team makes you make mistakes, the win wasn't worth as much, even though they made him make those mistakes?  And that "Kannel played, so we didn't really have a chance anyway" thing is crap.  Don't use an injury for an excuse, the Pats didn't all season.  If you want to use it anyway, how about we didn't have Ted Washington and that's the only reason Portis ran for as much as he did.  And one more thing, if a team wants to be great, it doesn't make mistakes come crunch time.

Do you actually think that losing Ted Washington is the same as losing Jake Plummer?  How about this... when you lose Jake Plummer and put Danny Kannell... you're putting the ball in the hands of a man who was a teacher 3 or 4 weeks before that game 1/2 the time.  And if there's no difference between Plummer and Kannell... why did the Broncos not win a game without Plummer and go 9-2 with him?  Portis had 111 yards on you without any legitimate passing threat.  New England had 8 or 9 in the box on multiple occassions in that game.

Dallas is a tough team... but Quincy Carter completely unfolds in anything that resembles a big game.  The errors he made in the Patriots game, were as I said, unforced errors.  And you beat Indy when they were playing their best football?  You're win required a miracle comeback on Indianapolis after they had just beat the Bills by 3 points!  A team plays their best football when they beat the Bills by 3?  The Broncos got the Colts after they killed the Michael Vick led Falcons and embarassed the Colts on National Television.  Peyton Manning, the 'MVP frontrunner' couldn't even throw for 150 yards, and the Broncos young corners shut down Marvin Harrison and company.  Oh yeah, and our best player was on the sidelines in street clothes.

You beat the Broncos by 1 bad play by Deltha O'Neal with Jake Plummer in the VIP box, congratulations.  Well, Deltha ain't on D no more.  And this 'amazing Patriots' D I hear about is ranked behind the Broncos.

IUe6Hvh.png

NFC Wild Card

Dallas def. Carolina - WRONG!

«Green Bay» def. Seattle - CORRECT!

NFC Divisional

St. Louis def. Dallas

Green Bay def. Philadelphia

NFC Championship

Green Bay def. St. Louis

------------------------------------------------------------

AFC Wild Card

Denver def. Indianapolis - WRONG!

«Tennessee» def. Baltimore - CORRECT!

AFC Divisional

Tennessee def. Kansas City

New England def. Denver

AFC Championship

New England def. Tennessee

------------------------------------------------------------

Super Bowl XXXVIII

New England def. Green Bay

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

nfc wildcard

carolina 14, dallas 9

green bay 38, seattle 27

nfc divisional

st. louis 31, carolina 17

green bay 34, philadelphia 31

nfc championship

green bay 37, st. louis 30

afc wildcard

indianapolis 24, denver 20

tennessee 18, baltimore 15

afc division

indianapolis 38, kansas city 35

new england 24, tennessee 20

afc championship

new england 17, indianapolis 14

super bowl xxxviii

green bay 27, new england 24

car 29 - dal 10

gb 33 - sea 27

ten 20 - bal 17

ind 41 - den 10

jimmy the greek can kiss my ass

Wild card round

titans beat ravens,

cowboys beat panthers

packers beat seahawks

colts beat broncos

Dang cowboys letting me down!

And updating my predictions for

Divisional round

Patriots def. Titans

Colts def. Chiefs

Rams def Panthers

Packers def Eagles

Conference championships

Patriots defeat Colts

Packers defeat rams

Superbowl

Patriots defeat Packers.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I for one have been suspect of my Chiefs all year. I still don't think they will win it all. BUT.......next week.....at Arrowhead........I predict they will defeat the Indianapolis Colts. I'm sure everyone will be riding the Colts after that asswhoopin they put on the Donkeys. Yes the Chiefs defense is soft, but they do play better at home. Let me also tell you from experience.....Arrowhead is one loud mother!

Oh and St. Louis will lose to Carolina, Tennesse will lose to New England, and Philly over Green Bay.

i think for the chiefs a lot depends on how they have coped with the bye week. It may have done them some good, as they appeared to be running on empty for a while in the regular season, but I think they could have done with a game to get back into form.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Ok... two things... first I will admit that I was wrong.

I do strongly believe, however, that the Broncos are a better team than the Colts an can beat them on any given Sunday, but the state of mind going into that game was not good.  There's alot of theories I've heard about what happened in that game and I think that play where Harrison was untouched, got up and ran for the Touchdown was symbolic of the way that the Broncos played.  It looked like their defense was back on their heels all game.  I think Shanahan installed the wrong mindset into his team when he gave them a rest... letting his team get pounded is not a good way to go into the playoffs, whether the starters played or not.

The Broncos were able to move the ball, but stupid holding calls absolutely killed them.  I have said the Broncos were the best team in the playoffs, and physically -- I stick to my word, however I am left to question their mental mindsets.  But, oh well -- in the age of NFL parody, it's stupid to pick teams to win.

Secondly... the Colts were tied with the... someone, not sure who... as the best road teams in the league.  They went 7-1 outside of the RCA Dome which I think will be a major factor in the playoffs.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived