My superbowl prediction!

Saintsfan

i don't think the Broncos cared about winning yesterday. I say this because when they were losing 41-3, the cameras showed Shannon Sharpe and two other guys laughing it up on the sidelines. That is unacceptable, i hope Shannon Sharpe retires.....him and his big :censored:ing mouth. I wish he had half the Class Sterling does. Best tight end ever....until Tony Gonzalez breaks those marks.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i don't think the Broncos cared about winning yesterday. I say this because when they were losing 41-3, the cameras showed Shannon Sharpe and two other guys laughing it up on the sidelines. That is unacceptable, i hope Shannon Sharpe retires.....him and his big :censored:ing mouth. I wish he had half the Class Sterling does. Best tight end ever....until Tony Gonzalez breaks those marks.

I think if you are 41-3 down you have two options- laugh or cry!! But on another level, by  41-3 you have a pretty good idea its not gonna be your day so you may as well accept it and move on. Why they were 41-3 down is another story.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

what! no love for a Panthers v. Packers rematch (96 Playoffs)this time in Charlotte?

on the AFC i like NE to host Indy.

Panthers to beat Pats in Houston...

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Ok... two things... first I will admit that I was wrong.

I do strongly believe, however, that the Broncos are a better team than the Colts an can beat them on any given Sunday, but the state of mind going into that game was not good.  There's alot of theories I've heard about what happened in that game and I think that play where Harrison was untouched, got up and ran for the Touchdown was symbolic of the way that the Broncos played.  It looked like their defense was back on their heels all game.  I think Shanahan installed the wrong mindset into his team when he gave them a rest... letting his team get pounded is not a good way to go into the playoffs, whether the starters played or not.

The Broncos were able to move the ball, but stupid holding calls absolutely killed them.  I have said the Broncos were the best team in the playoffs, and physically -- I stick to my word, however I am left to question their mental mindsets.  But, oh well -- in the age of NFL parody, it's stupid to pick teams to win.

Secondly... the Colts were tied with the... someone, not sure who... as the best road teams in the league.  They went 7-1 outside of the RCA Dome which I think will be a major factor in the playoffs.

Dude, I have no hard feelings toward you whatsoever, and sports-talks is exactly what it is: sports-talk.  This is by no means personal.

You really need to look at the Broncos from an unbiased point of view.  I understand that you probably love your team, as I do mine, but you can't say this team is better than the colts.  Sure they beat the Colts in the regular season, but the good teams win when it counts.  If the Pats lose on sunday, then I will be the first to admit, maybe they weren't that good.  With that said, nobody goes into a playoff game not ready to play.  It is the playoffs, and the teams that don't deserve to win get exposed.  It's that simple.  The Broncos were not as good as the Colts when it mattered.

my friend and i have talked about it all year, everybody overlooks the Panthers. Think of the Ravens Super Bowl team. Excellent Defense, and a QB who does enough to win and not make a crucial mistake. Panthers v. Packers is what he is hoping for, he hates GB. They say revenge is a dish best served COLD. The Chiefs can seek a bit of revenge on the Colts who beat them at Arrowhead one year. That loss was mostly because of Kicker Lin Elliott.......he is probably selling meat out the back of a truck in Minneapolis.

Thing is, Shiznit -- I'm a 49ers fan.  I believe the Broncos are the best based on what I've seen (and I've seen every game of theirs, I live in Colorado) and what they have been able to do.  Not just that, but how they played against both the Vikings and Patriots with Danny Kannell at QB.  Now I'm undecided in the playoffs.  The Colts play their best ball on the road, but I don't see myself counting on Manning -- the Chiefs play great at home, but have a bad Defense of late -- and I have thought the Patriots were overrated since day one -- and I think that'll be exposed come playoff time.  15 game winning streaks just DON'T happen in the NFL.  I think that the team that may have the best chance in the AFC is the Titans -- Their offense can be explosive when they need it to be and their defense is solid.

IUe6Hvh.png

i like these playoffs a lot. i think its remarkable at how all 8 teams have a very good chance of going to the SUper Bowl. They are all remarkable teams and I think the 8 best teams in the league are the 8 still playing. my predictions

GB over PHI

STL over CAR

NE over TEN

IND over KC

go packers! :D i gotta felling about this year

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Which is to say........I hope WE get the shot at revenge for that lame QB sneak that beat us at home in 99 and for getting crushed the following year in 2000.

ol' Steve Beurlein did have a nice sneak in that game...

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Divisional Picks (Playoffs: 2-2)

Carolina def. St. Louis - CORRECT!

New England def. Tennessee - CORRECT!

Indianapolis def. Kansas City - CORRECT!

Green Bay def. Philadelphia - WRoNg!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I've said since the turn, I am hoping for a Titans - Eagles Matchup.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

To ammend  my Dec. 24 post;

AFC Championship Game: Indy @ New England

NFC Championship Game: Philadelphia @ St. Louis

Super Bowl: Philly -20 N.E. - 17 as both defenses snuff out any big plays.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Divisional round

Patriots def. Titans

Colts def. Chiefs

Rams def Panthers

Packers def Eagles

Still 100% in the AFC playoffs, but 0-2 for this weeks NFC games!! (5-3 overall as you asked!!)

Update for chapionship game round

AFC

Patriots over Colts

NFC

Eagles over Panthers

Superbowl

Patriots over Eagles

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wow I cant see the Eagles losing another Championship Game at home, I think they are finally gonna reach the Super Bowl.

As for the AFC if its not bruttally cold the Colts have an excellent shot becuase Peyton Manning is on fire, and it looks like nothing can slow him.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Panthers are a shock to everyone, its hard for me to belive the Eagles choked it away again.

well, not really....

Posted: Jan. 16 2004,13:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (J. Quincy King @ Jan. 16 2004,12:46)

Quote (Ez Street @ Jan. 16 2004,12:42)

JQK, i like the way you think. Damn Patriots better win!

Simple matter of defense. Colts don't have one. Patriots do.

also with the nfc championship....panthers defense will win that game. mcnabb will make a mistake that the panthers will capitalize on and will cause the eagles to lose.

Archived