LA Clippers Concept

rmered

LA-Clippers.gif

I don't know if I'm happy with it.

Actually, let's just say, I think it needs something, but I don't really know what.

Rather than sitting there looking at it, wondering what it needs, I thought I'd post it to get some feedback.

I didn't change the colours, though I was thinking of doing so.

I was thinking green and blue for a more nautical look, but that didn't really work.

Green one looked like this:

LA-Clippers-SeaGreen.gif

Meh. So, anyone...? Thoughts?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Stick with blue and red... the other one looks like mutated hornets

I think you should make the side panels thinner and add white piping on road and red piping on home to seperate the jersey from the panels.

the stripes at the bottom of the shorts are a little too thick.. although i like that they are thick, this is a little too much. also the stripes at the bottom of the road shorts can go blue-white-blue instead of blue-red-blue to make them stand out more. keep the same striping pattern as the sleeves and waistband

there should be something in the neck line. maybe a 'C' or 'LA' logo. either that or dont leave the empty space there and just complete the neck piping all the way around.

I like the word mark.. although id like to see what it looks like without the underline... just out of curiousity because I do like the underline. Although I think you should not have the second P go below the underline.

I'm not 100% sure about the numbers font. maybe something a little more rounded to acompany the script... something like the raptors maybe??

now for the logo.. good idea but I think the ship looks a little clip arty... needs more detail or some kind of bevel or something. The L and A around the red circle look way off.... maybe just write Los Angeles all the way around OR what might look cool is the rope going all the way around the circle and then tying at the bottom.

finally - you have what seems to be a secondary logo and a wordmark.. but n primary logo. try to combine the two somehow or maybe go in a different direction for the primary.. maybe an updated version of the one they have now but with your script and a better looking basketball

overall a very nice start and improvment over current set.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I think you should put the ship in red or whit on the shorts. The red and whit makes it too hard to distinguish and looks off. Apart form that, it is great!

Clip-Shorts.gif

This?

Stick with blue and red... the other one looks like mutated hornets

I think you should make the side panels thinner and add white piping on road and red piping on home to seperate the jersey from the panels.

the stripes at the bottom of the shorts are a little too thick.. although i like that they are thick, this is a little too much. also the stripes at the bottom of the road shorts can go blue-white-blue instead of blue-red-blue to make them stand out more.

there should be something in the neck line. maybe a 'C' or 'LA' logo. either that or dont leave the empty space there and just complete the neck piping all the way around.

I like the word mark.. although id like to see what it looks like without the underline... just out of curiousity because I do like the underline. Although I think you should not have the second P go below the underline.

I'm not 100% sure about the numbers font. maybe something a little more rounded to acompany the script... something like the raptors maybe??

now for the logo.. good idea but I think the ship looks a little clip arty... needs more detail or some kind of bevel or something. The L and A around the red circle look way off.... maybe just right Los Angeles all the way around OR what might look cool is the rope going all the way around the circle and then tying at the bottom.

finally - you have what seems to be a secondary logo and a wordmark.. but n primary logo. try to combine the two somehow or maybe go in a different direction.

overall a very nice start and improvment over current set.

A good start, thanks for your input.

Bevel.

I've tried a few variations already, and this is the problem

The boat pretty much has to be Blue.

Now, taking that as a given, what colour is the bevel.

Given it's on a White background, a White bevel blends in too much, and a Red Bevel on Blue looks pox.

Uniform

All the keenest eys will know, I made virtually no changes to a Nike template uniform, so there is work to be done on it, I just posted it to get some ideas.

Wordmark

I prefer the wordmark on the Green uni, but not the uniforms.

(I was thinking Mariners Crossover when I finished it)

PS Lamicus' famous boat is an improvement over what they have.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Bevel.

Given it's on a White background, a White bevel blends in too much, and a Red Bevel on Blue looks pox.

What about the dark blue or black that u used to shadow the script? Actually I think this whole set could use some navy it it. keep royal as the primary blue but maybe add some navy trim

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Bevel.

What about the dark blue or black that u used to shadow the script? Actually I think this whole set could use some navy it it. keep royal as the primary blue but maybe add some navy trim

Clip-Logo.gif

Enough Navy?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

If any team needs a redo it is the Clippers.

I like were you are going. I think you need to simplify the Clipper ship image. Take a less is more approach. Perhaps make the circle around the ship a rope and put LA at the bottom. Keep the nautical colors, perhaps a pale mint green with a dark blue green, and instead of white more of a cream/raw canvas color.

The scripting is fine, a tweak could be to make the tail more wave like.

Those are my ideas anyway.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived