Trowback AZ Wranglers Uniforms

SFCOM1

I was just doodling around and found the colors and logo for the old USFL Arizona Wranglers. So I decided to use the newer templates and modified it a bit (as USFL Uniforms had the older sleeves back in the early 80's) Out of most uniforms designed I favored this one imaginative, and featured the colors of the state of Arizona. (Not to mention the flames on the pants where just to cool!) As for the red uniform, it was designed but never worn. I loved the white ones. They had the "ventilated" shirt with the solid satin yoke. Very comfortable in the heat of Arizona summer!

C&C and what other USFL uniforms would have looked good in the NFL today?

AZWranglers.jpg

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

i remember seeing a pic of what's supposedly the only red Wranglers jersey in existence about 4-5 years ago, though the site no longer exists IIRC. heh, I figure the Michigan Panthers would still look good today. the Chicago Blitz, not so much because their 83 set was a Patriots ripoff and their 84 set has too much on the sleeves to really work with modern cuts.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 4 months later...

i remember seeing a pic of what's supposedly the only red Wranglers jersey in existence about 4-5 years ago, though the site no longer exists IIRC. heh, I figure the Michigan Panthers would still look good today. the Chicago Blitz, not so much because their 83 set was a Patriots ripoff and their 84 set has too much on the sleeves to really work with modern cuts.

I honestly thought the USFL had some very good uniforms that would still look good today...I definitely agree with the Michigan Panthers, one of the best ever. I think the Wranglers one looks good but I would have kept the blue jerseys (albeit updated) from the previous seasons since there were already two teams wearing red and gold.

IMHO, the Tampa Bay Bandits, Oakland Invaders, Denver Gold, and Boston Breakers would still look pretty good today. Maybe even the '84 Federals, but there were some stinkers: Gunslingers, Outlaws, Showboats, and Maulers come to mind.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I loved the league, the look, everything (except for my 1983 Blitz swapping locations with the Wranglers and leaving Chicago with a loser).

Unform-wise, it seems to me that the USFL was somewhat of a pioneer in getting team logos on the sleeves. I don't think the NFL had been doing much of that yet (even when they did have sleeves).

LT

Archived