Sign in to follow this  
leedsunited

Goalie Mask Archive! What's your favorite?

Richter_MASK.jpg

Mike Richter - New York Rangers

WolfPack_533.jpg

Chris Holt - Hartford Wolf Pack

WolfPack_230.jpg

Al Montoya - Hartford Wolf Pack

Dude. Is that a KISS decal on the back of Holt's mask?

And is that something the whole team wears...or is he just a proud member of the KISS Army?

:hockeysmiley:

And is that something the whole team wears...or is he just a proud member of the KISS Army?

Pfft, that is nothing. Want to see a proud member of the Kiss Army? Check out Jamie McLennann. Everyone from the 2nd one down.

http://www.goaliesarchive.com/masks/mclennan.html

I am also a fan of the potvin mask. I think the one while with the Islanders looked rather sharp with the orange and blue. It's not in the pictures but at one point while Potvin was with the Canucks, did the eye of the cat have a first nations (bloody PC crap) eye design?

Holtzy is a proud member of the KISS Army.

WolfPack_532.jpg

Steve Shield's mask based off Cheeves' famous mask

steveshields.jpg

shields2.jpg

Cheeves

cheevers2.jpg

cheeversknights.jpg

Edit- Fixed the links

This thread my set a new record for most non-functioning photo links!

bnrmn.jpg59-Murray-Bannerman-Mask.jpg

Murray Bannerman

Here's Gopher goalie Kellen Briggs mask, a combination of Steve Shield's "Cheevers" mask with the hair and ears painted on plus some stitches along with his U of M logos.

umn_k_briggs.jpg

Speaking of the "original", here's a link to the story of how Shield's mask was made.

http://www.miskadesigns.com/miska2k2/shields.htm

shieldsmask7.jpg

I remember the goalie mask worn by one time Washington Capital and Philadelphia Flyer goalie Wayne Stephenson. His goalie mask had the colors of our country. :D

I don`t know why nobody mentioned Patrick Lalime. His Marvin the Martian mask is awesome. If he played as good as his helmet looked the Sens would`ve had the Cup by now.

Ken Wregget's Batman Returns mask is probably the coolest i've ever seen, that an Bill Ranford's Bruins mask (nasty bear on it, pimpin'). I did a mask for my goaltender when i played minor hockey back in the day, it was a dragon (he was of japanese decent) and we wore the devils jerseys with a corporate logo (hawks albeit) and it was cool.

Too bad this was before 14yr olds were walking around with cellphones and digital camera's.

full.getty-71798229hh015_colorado_aval_1_39_44_am.jpg

Peter Budaj

Also on that mask he has I believe Ned Flanders from The Simpsons on the back of it but I can't find a pic.

Brian Hayward's when he was with the Sharks. Had an open shark's mouth with a drop of blood, that was cool.

I also like Dipietro's mask with the USA and the POW's on it.

Brian Hayward's when he was with the Sharks. Had an open shark's mouth with a drop of blood, that was cool.

I also love Potvin and Richter's masks.

The problem with lots of masks is that they're too detailed and they look messy from afar.