Mexico Adidas Kits

AJM

Has anyone seen the new Mexico Soccer kits by Adidas??? I've can't seem to find them. I found the pic below but nothing else.

26801.jpg

I've got tickets to the Mexico / USA match here in AZ in Feb. and I need my Mexico jersey!!!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

3 easy steps to evaluating these kits:

1. Look at these

2. Look at their Nike kits for WC '06

3. Shake head in disapproval

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 easy steps to evaluating these kits:

1. Look at these

2. Look at their Nike kits for WC '06

3. Shake head in disapproval

Absolutely disappointing. I like the template, but compared to what Nike gave them, a definite downgrade.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Inevitable whine about how adidas templates are ruining the sporting world, whilst noting the fact they own reebok (lest we forget) who are attempting to destroy years of tradition in hockey...the adidas empire - sportsware giants, or the new big brother?

(not that nike are much better, especially in the ethical department!)

I love them! Anyone seen them online available for purchase?

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Definite downgrade. I don't understand why anyone would want to own a national team jersey with Adidas stripes all over the arms. Is that team Mexico or Germany in green? Why are sports teams becoming such big sellouts to outfitters now?

Footballers will buy anything though, so it probably doesn't matter.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Inevitable whine about how adidas templates are ruining the sporting world, whilst noting the fact they own reebok (lest we forget) who are attempting to destroy years of tradition in hockey...the adidas empire - sportsware giants, or the new big brother?

(not that nike are much better, especially in the ethical department!)

Not so much that adidas is ruining soccer jerseys than rather that adidas' jerseys aren't as awesome as the Nike kits Mexico had last year. I actually like the jersey design that they wear now, but I would take the Azteca design over this. If they had placed green over the white on the main part of the jersey and added the chest stripe to these they'd look a little bit better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Adidas template designs are much more intrusive to the individual identities of the teams than Nike's Total 90 template was a couple of years ago. The team's identity should be paramount to the manufacturer, but it's almost opposite here. This template doesn't accomodate the Mexican Federation's vertical logo very well, at all. Plus, the green isn't the bold green of the Mexican flag.

Adidas confounds me sometimes. They can make kits that are elegant and understated (the new Liverpool design) and they can make overblown, quickly outdated garbage like this.

Compared to this:

P_Mexico_1.jpg

Freakin Adidas.

Agreed. And this picture doesn't even show the intricate Mayan designs contained in the white chevron across the chest. My wife and I just got back from a vacation in Mexico, and they were still selling the old jerseys.

Major step backwards. Nike's design was unique and tasteful and paid homage to the country's rich cultural and historical legacy. The most distinguishing feature on the adidas kit is adidas's 3 stripes. Boo.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Adidas are starting to annoy me in terms of their crappy templates.

They made the best uniforms for the Australian team at the Commonwealth Games last year, and a pretty well researched Australian ODI shirt. I'm glad they haven't messed up our Test shirt. No stripes, no little lines like the other countries= nice classy look.

But the problem is their International Soccer jerseys. They are crap. Same template, moveing colours around. It's incredibly lame.

I wouldn't buy them even if I was really enthusiastic about Mexican soccer.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I dont like them at all for the simple reason that there is no red on them whatsoever.

without the red they dont look any different than Ireland or Saudi Arabia or any other country that wears a green kit.

Holy mother of god I agree with you. :huh:

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived