Sketch-A-Thon 2

Lumbergh

After sketch-a-thon 1, in which Ltravisjr came out victorious in the Great Lakes Basketball Challenge in the summer, the second edition of the contest is ready to go. Approved by WIB, this is going to be a fun one.

sketch2.png

Here's everything you all need to know:

Intro-

Okay, you are a young designer fresh off of internship. You create great stuff, and your name begins to circulate. Then as every designer's dream is, like yours, comes true. A professional sports team in the upper strata market contacts you. They want you to create a new identity for their team, but still appeal to the fan base. Like the Arizona Cardinals, you are hoping for success. And your worst fear is the NY Islanders' path, where the fans are outraged. You have to start from scratch to make an impressive design that the fans will embrace, and that will gain the noteriety you final deserve.

Rules-

Your goal is to choose a team from a list of teams that "need an update." You will have a choice of 15 teams, and can only pick ONE. You have to create a brand new identity without any aspects of the original design, except for the colors and name. Contestants must have at least a primary logo, wordmark, and secondary logo. Any other logos, or uniform designs are optional. If any design is a copy of the team's original logo, the entry will be rejected. You can base your design on the original (ie AZ Cards) but do not copy. Wordmarks will also not be copied. You may add more colors to the team, but don't remove the original colors. You can darken or lighten colors as well, just try and keep the same type-esque scheme. Retro team colors will also be allowed.

-here are the teams to choose from:

1. Minnesota Twins

2. Buffalo Bills

3. Cleveland Browns

4. Pittsburgh Penguins

5. Los Angeles Lakers

6. Philadelphia Flyers

7. Oakland Athletics

8. BC Lions

9. Montreal Canadiens

10. Green Bay Packers

11. Manchester United

12. Kansas City Chiefs

13. Boston Celtics

14. Detroit Red Wings

15. Kansas City Royals

More-

You must pm me the designs in a clear form. In the entry, please specify the team, and your name, and also title it Sketch-A-Thon 2. Do not put your name on the design, or any design brand of any kind. The design will be anonymous.

Contest span-

Entries are due from (12 am Et) Jan 14-(12 am Et) Jan 26

Voting will commence on Jan 26 (12:01 am Et)- Jan 30 (12:01 am Et)

Voting-

Voting will be the same, rank the top 3:

with 1 being best, 3rd being 3rd best, 2nd being 2nd best.

1=3 pts

2=2 pts

3= 1 pt

Okay, have fun! And remember, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners will recieve a sig detailing their victory.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take this challenge. It will be difficult using only paint, but I will prevail hopefully. I'ma take the Chiefs.

uhh its supposed to be anonymous:)

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

So is it ok if I free hand it on paper? I do not have the time to create logos in MS Paint. Would it be a good idea to get inkscape for free? If so how do you create vector templates into inkscape.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

So is it ok if I free hand it on paper? I do not have the time to create logos in MS Paint. Would it be a good idea to get inkscape for free? If so how do you create vector templates into inkscape.

I would say get inkscape. If you have never used vector software, it might take a little bit of time to get used to it, but once you do, it is great. It doesn't have as many features as Illustrator, but if you don't have the money to buy illustrator, inkscape is still a HUGE step up from MS paint.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I would say get inkscape. If you have never used vector software, it might take a little bit of time to get used to it, but once you do, it is great. It doesn't have as many features as Illustrator, but if you don't have the money to buy illustrator, inkscape is still a HUGE step up from MS paint.

I just downloaded inkscape. Is there a way to import your inkscape picture into paint?

Edit- never mind It worked the first time I tried it but for some reason I thought it didn't

ziggy:

How did you do that.

I hit "save as" and clicked on "administrator" then "my documents" and finally "my pictures". You can save the picture in my "pictures" and open the picture on paint

Archived