USC question

HatManTC

i have noticed the recent decline in USC hats with the interlocking "SC". Everything seems to have "USC" spelt out. the only things that i have seen as of late with the "SC" are NIKE products. does NIKE have exclusive rights to this logo now?

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

i have noticed the recent decline in USC hats with the interlocking "SC". Everything seems to have "USC" spelt out. the only things that i have seen as of late with the "SC" are NIKE products. does NIKE have exclusive rights to this logo now?

Which interlocking "SC"? The one that they painted at center court at the Galen Center, or the one used by the baseball team (maybe exclusively)?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i know a year or two back Southern Cal was having some issues with South Carolina using a similar looking SC logo, maybe thats the reason for the decline

this is the South Carolina logo

a-South%20Carolina.jpg

Go Bulls, Bears, Cubs, and Blackhawks!!

GO TIGERS

Ireland_flag.gif

I don't remember seeing that logo used by anybody other than the baseball team. There are New Era caps out there with that logo from when New Era supplied the USC baseball team, but I don't think NE is currently making them. It could be that since Nike currently supplies the baseball team they have an exclusive on that logo.

I think you are correct - I do believe that was the University's athletic logo across the board.

I love it, and vastly prefer it to the Nike version. I almost wish that I went to USC, just so I could wear this jacket:

2932.jpg

I've also seen that logo in Ansel Adams's photographs of Manzanar, on the desk of Roy Takeno, who was the Japanese-American internee who edited the camp paper:

roy_takeno_desk.jpg

So we have a little context on the age of the logo - it goes back to at least the 1940s, and likely before.

To get back to the original question, I do not believe that Nike owns that logo. They seem to manufacture most of the products with that logo, but being the official supplier to the athletic department explains that. There are plenty of other products bearing the logo that are not made by Nike:

1907.jpg

So I think that answers the question.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived