Illinois Throwback "Chief Head" shorts

illini1

I went to a sporting goods store here in Springfield today and noticed that they were selling the two pairs of sample Chief head shorts that Nike sent them before the University of Illinois said no to them. I told the owner of the store a few months ago that the U of I said no to the shorts and that he should sell his two pairs on Ebay because they're going to be rare. Instead he put them out on the rack with the other shorts. I can't believe I got lucky enough to find them before they were sold.

Okay I finally got a pic of these shorts. I saw a pair on Ebay a while back and they were over $100 with a couple days left before the end of the auction. If anyone is near Springfield, IL and wants a pair, there was still a pair of the white shorts at the store.

th_000_0046.jpg

Okay I finally got a pic of these shorts. I saw a pair on Ebay a while back and they were over $100 with a couple days left before the end of the auction. If anyone is near Springfield, IL and wants a pair, there was still a pair of the white shorts at the store.

th_000_0046.jpg

I'll be in Champaign tomorrow (driving up through Springfield, but I'm not gonna stop), but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on those. Then again, I'm not real concerned if I don't.

How much did you get them for?

• LMU locked this topic

Archived