Super 14 Rugby Rebrand (New Zealand Teams)

Davidson

howdy,

this is my first crack at posting a few concepts.

im sure that most of you wont be familiar with the teams i have rebranded.

to fill you in, super rugby is a relatively new (1996) competition.

14 teams from three countries (australia, south africa and new zealand) compete

in a league competition to decide the best doemstic southern hemisphere team.

below are the representaive teams from new zealand. they are currently supplied

by adidas and have just been reniewed for the coming season. i wasnt too impressed

with their effort so i had a crack myself. i also had a go at creating slightly updated logos

based on the originals.

on the boards are my new ideas and concept logos. bottom right are the present home kit

and logos.

please let me know your thoughts.

crusaders.png

blues.png

hurricanes.png

chiefs.png

highlanders.png

Wow! I'm not familiar with any of these teams (as you stated), but none the less I am very impressed. Your proposed logos are all awesome, and I love the uniforms. Just a side question though: Why is every team sponsored by Ford? Maybe consider trying different sponsors for each team? Great job so far!

Very, very nicely done here. Not a fan of the templated look in general, but it's very clean, and I like the minor tweaks that you made to the logos. Can't wait to see what the rest look like.

philly.png

Wow! I'm not familiar with any of these teams (as you stated), but none the less I am very impressed. Your proposed logos are all awesome, and I love the uniforms. Just a side question though: Why is every team sponsored by Ford? Maybe consider trying different sponsors for each team? Great job so far!

very kind of you to say so.

yeah, all the new zealand teams are sposored by ford for some reason.

i wanted to design them with the same restrictions and considerations

that adidas would have. (just to see if i thought i could do a better job)

hence all the uniform patterns being the same (i guess to cut production costs)

and using the original colours.

Wow, I really like all of the new logos. Each and every one of them is better than their current counterparts.

I know that you wanted to design them with the same restrictions as in real life but you could have used two or three types of templates much like adidas does in many leagues across the world.

The template you have used looks great but maybe you could introduce a second template for two of the teams (I would suggest it for the Crusaders who dont have as much white in their current sets and mayber the Highlanders).

sig.png

yeah, i might give it a crack at that.

just a first go anyways. im not too sure about the logos really. think a couple of them may be a bit sympatheic to the original (blues and hurricanes) and a couple may have slightly lost some of their

original concept (ie the crusaders and highlanders are a little generic looking, ubiquitous, american style logos)

I really like the Chiefs logo, but I have to agree with Gazzzaf that Adidas would be a little more flexible than using only 1 template. Great work tho I can't wait to see what you do next.

thanks matey,

i know what you mean, but for the last few seasons they really have just made coulour changes on the same old templete. i think its lazy too.

I'm down in Dunedin here, home of the Highlanders, and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! That new Crusaders logo is just fantastic!!!!! I love it. I like how you took the original logos of the Hurricanes and Blues and really modernized them. I really like the Highlanders too, but I'm not all that sold on the logo. Somehow the head just doesn't say "Highlanders" to me. The Chiefs are great aswell. I really like the way you included the Maori tribal markings on the face. Overall fantastic job on all of them.

Archived