St. Louis Soccer

kewp80

I just got FIFA 07 and have been playing it for a while now, and I created a team called AC St. Louis. I wanted to go with that or Inter St. Louis, but Inter St. Louis didn't fit in the game, so I went with AC St. Louis. I wanted the colors to reflect the colors on the city flag, without having too much resemblance to Real Salt Lake, which has the same colors. So I came up with some logo concepts:

ACSTL_1.pngACSTL_2.png

ACSTL_3.pngACSTL_4.png

So which one do you like the best? And as always C&C. Thanks!

UPDATE: look below.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I like the left side better. It's a toss up whether you want the year. Personally I'll go with the bottom-left, because I think the left adds a nice touch.

I do prefer the blue outline over the white. The white does make it "pop" more, but it comes at the expense of "flow" in my opinion.

And something that I noticed right away because of the juxtaposition (it may be negligible on its own) is that the right side is "cut out" higher than the left.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

And something that I noticed right away because of the juxtaposition (it may be negligible on its own) is that the right side is "cut out" higher than the left.

Ahhh! I get on that right now :D

Fixed the cut outs. This should be better:

ACSTL_12.pngACSTL_22.png

ACSTL_32.pngACSTL_42.png

The left is still a little low, but you get the idea.

Check out my music!

- Make it St. Louis AC. AC in front isn't gramatically correct.

- A to the left of the blue stripe; C to the right.

-I'm not digging the king on the horse. I'd go with something that has more to do with the whole western expansion thing with St. Louis being known as the gateway to the west.

I hope that helps.

Actually the king on the horse is St. Louis himself. It is a very well know statue in front of the art museum. The St. Louis browns also had it on their logo, which is where I got the idea. I think I have an idea on what your talking about when you mean gateway to the west. And thanks for the clarification on where the AC goes, I know there's AC Milan, and they're other with AC in the front. I wasn't sure though. Thanks for the imput!

Check out my music!

- Make it St. Louis AC. AC in front isn't gramatically correct.

- A to the left of the blue stripe; C to the right.

-I'm not digging the king on the horse. I'd go with something that has more to do with the whole western expansion thing with St. Louis being known as the gateway to the west.

I hope that helps.

actually ac stands for "Associazione Calcio" which is loosely italian for FC "football club" in which context it should be the prefix. as would "inter" or internazionale in its longer form.

its just that the mls has a bad habbit of using foreign prefixes and suffixes on its teams with no good reason.

real salt lake, dc united. what are there lots of teams in salt lake? was the washington franchise built from several clubs? whats next boston wanderers? san diego wednesday? new jersey athletic and indianapolis hotspurs?

real salt lake ... what are there lots of teams in salt lake?

Since Real translates to Royal in spanish I dont quite get what you're saying. Real Salt Lake doesn't mean the REAL team in Salt Lake, it's basically Salt Lake Royals or The Royals of Salt Lake.

... dc united ... was the washington franchise built from several clubs?

No, but it is the capital of the UNITED States of America, that's where the name comes from. D.C. was formed well before this sudden surge of European Prefixes.

Top left.

If I could change one thing, it would be your typeface for "St. Louis." Which I really like, as a general proposition. Good choice. But proportionally, the letters need to be taller than they are now. This will improve readability as well as making the crest "flow" a little better.

Regarding the arch, the answer would be to make the bottom of the current shield the shape of the arch, inverted. As if it was the reflection of the arch upon the river. That would be more subtle, and it would also make the logo feel less "pinched" in the lower third.

20082614447.png

So how's this:

ACSTL_33.png

I was trying to get the arch in the background, but it was almost impossible to make it look good. Trust me I tried for hours, almost a whole freakin day. I may put a kit out soon as well.

Have you already made unis or are you still trying to figure it out? I bought 07 as well. Only thing I've managed to do so far is add SkySports pop ups in place of generic EA style.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

How did you get SkySports stuff? That would be cool.

Here is my latest update:

- Made the bottom more arch-like

-got rid of the year, and put the AC in the stripe

-I'm on a different computer, and I don't know how to download fonts, so I had to do a different font. If I go to my mom's house soon I can redo it with the Saddelbag font.

ACSTL_34.png

Check out my music!

As far as the AC grammatical issue. It's a non-issue. My team is AC Tally. It could be Tally AC. If could be Tally Athletic Club or it could be Athletic Club of Tally, as it is.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Here are the simple uniforms for my team. I still can't download fonts, but I wanted the numbers to be frutiger like all the other MLS teams. This was also my first uniform concept I've made on inkscape. C&C is welcome. Thanks!

ACSTL_Unis.png

Check out my music!

I would place the logo inside the stripe on all three. I'm pretty sure one of the guys here has the MLS numbers already made. Also I'd probably add osme typre of sponsor as well. But these are a good start. Also, all MLS teams wear the league patch on the right arm.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah I guess I forgot to add a sponsor. I had one in mind, just for got to add it. I'll switch the MLS patches as well, and will try to get the numbers fixed. Also the logo doesn't show up well in the home kit, because the stripe is red also, but I'll try it.

Check out my music!

Archived